What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few photos from the local reptile depository/zoo

Good day,

Just checking back in to see what is up on TF, broke my all time record for staying off this website, by staying off for three days... On my way to being able to survive on my own. :-O Won't be back on for a while again after this. Trying to go a whole week now! :-D

Anyways, I thought I would get you peeples opinions on which of these photos would make the best post cards, trying my hardest to label them, but I can't remember what they are.

Totally not a reptile, I believe it is a small primate type thing, perhaps a small hairy human:

DSC_0107.jpg

According to my biology teacher, a reptile. According to me, a great horned owl:

DSC_0062.jpg

I believe this is a turtle:

DSC_0059.jpg

Retic, but albino, so a jerk snake, in an uglyish colouration:

DSC_0051.jpg

Scorpion:

DSC_0036.jpg

Jabba teh hutttt:

DSC_0018.jpg

Gabby (also my IRL nickname):

DSC_0009.jpg

Another mutant, probably some kind of WDB or something:

DSC_0007.jpg

Fur der lanse:

DSC_0004.jpg

Anyways, these are getting made into postcards for the zoo, but I am interested to hear what you guys think would make the best ones...

Thanks for looking!

~Gabriel

Niiiiiice! I really like the retic's colors.

Great pics! I think the gabby would be the best postcard... The first couple would also work well but are a little dark.

Hmmm, it seems I need to calibrate my computer monitor if those photos are coming out dark, probably what I get for editing late in the night.

The first two are naturally dark, because I decided to not use the flash, so as not to freak out the animals...

The others are just mis edits on my part.

Thanks for the compliments!

Could also just be my phone screen :lol:

Turtles :drool:

Looks like you had a "hoot" with those grumpy frogs et al :lol: Great pics!

...And you know you want tf to eat all your waking hours.... ;)

Great shots!! I think the best post cards would the the owl and diamondback.

I would say.....Cane Toad.......Gabby............Fer-de-Lance........ would make the BEST, but they are all great,

I'm a sucker for retics. Pretty fur de lanse, and I like the owl photo.

Retics only seem pretty until they try to bite you in the face, over and over again... Very unpleasant snakes... Almost like Northern Water Snakes, but thirty feet long!

So the gaboon, owl, fer de lance, diamond back and turtle? That sounds good to me, the scorpion and primatey thing weren't the best.

Thanks for the recommendations!

~Gabriel

Not all retics are bad-tempered. Take tiger retics for example: very docile animals.

Great pics!

I've met a few very calm retics. One was a 16 foot long tiger male. He was laid back enough that small children could pet him and he wouldn't do anything.

Back