What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire in Colorado Springs - Waldo Canyon Fire

The fire started pretty close to my place, 4 miles or so. Since then it has been spreading more North of me and I have not had to evacuate. It has been a really bad night with lots of house being burned to the ground.

Here are a few quick shots from my place from earlier today.

2012-6-26_fire%20007.jpg

2012-6-26_fire%20090.jpg

2012-6-26_fire%20097.jpg

2012-6-26_fire%20029.jpg

-Jeremiah-

That is a surreal sight.

It has been, really weird lighting. That is all smoke, there is hardly a cloud in the sky.

-Jeremiah-

Shoot that is crazy. I am glad you didn't have to evacuate. Your collection would be a serious issue to move if the fire came your direction.

Our state is burning. ;c

Seriously, fires all over the place. What is it right now? 8 fires across Colorado? I can't even believe that one in Estes Park started as a house fire and proceeded to burn down 21 houses. I wonder if it wasn't at least partially because their local firefighters were off fighting other fires around the state. Sad stuff for sure. We've had two pretty good rain storms the last couple days, though, which I'm sure helped with the High Park fire at least, don't know if you guys got the rain down south too. Hope so. With that scenery and the smoke, I'd be outside ALL DAY shooting pictures, lol. I already mentioned it, but in worst case scenario, don't even hesitate to contact me if I can help at all.

G'luck, may it steer clear of you.

i'm moving to fort collins in august to finish up my degree so i keep getting updates from my customers at the restaurant i work at. hopefully they get this under control very soon.

I'll keep you & the people of CO in my prayers, Be Safe!

Wow thats crazy! We've had a few fires like that, but the shroom clouds keep going for months on end. Usually it's because they can't reach the fire by foot so it continues all summer.

It's not 8, but a minimum of 13, ranging from a few hundred to 88,000 acres. So yes, our state is on fire. Plus, if something doesn't change soon and the High Park fire continues west, it will hit what I affectionately call the "Rocky Mountain Tinderbox," an area of nearly pure dead trees spanning from the back edge of the foothills across Rocky Mountain National Park.

I trust you are still safe where you are, Jeremiah? I've been thinking about you and your proximity to the fire and I hope you're OK.

It's not 8, but a minimum of 13, ranging from a few hundred to 88,000 acres. So yes, our state is on fire. Plus, if something doesn't change soon and the High Park fire continues west, it will hit what I affectionately call the "Rocky Mountain Tinderbox," an area of nearly pure dead trees spanning from the back edge of the foothills across Rocky Mountain National Park.
;c

Back