What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

advice needed: driving gloves?

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
I want to purchase some driving gloves. My steering wheel's leather (or at least looks that way) and I drive stick so they have to be at least somewhat bendy (or at least break in that way). Suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

sound bad *** i usally use leather gloves when driving my bike

haha why would you need gloves?

get some baseball batters gloves XD they are very "sticky" and still nice and thin

haha why would you need gloves?
so on hot days the reins don't slip through your hands, besides they are "required" in carriage driving classes at shows

shes talking about a steering wheel tho? im mucho confused lol

:crazy: haha you are a goofball chib :D

Thanks chib :) How do you know what your gloves size is - is there a good sizing reference somewhere for the integer sizes they've got on offer?

Ooooh they have purple :love:

yep.... and in lambskin :)

For sizing fingerless leather gloves I tell people to put a measuring tape or ruler in their palm and make a fist, this lets you know how wide your palm is "really". My palm measures in at 4" and I fit in Large (4" palm) but I can get better movement in XL (4.25"). XXL (4.5") gloves fit but seem too baggy on me.

Oh yeah I measured my hand after rummaging around and finding my sewing tapemeasure. It came to 7.6"ish so I went for an 8. Here's hoping :awesome:

cute womenz and the smell of leather.... winning combo everytime

hehehehehehe av runs away giggling

cute womenz and the smell of leather.... winning combo everytime

hehehehehehe av runs away giggling

:puke2: Take a cold shower!

I too am puzzled why you would need gloves to drive. Sometimes I wear wool gloves in the winter when my steering wheel is around 20 degrees or so.

I too am puzzled why you would need gloves to drive. Sometimes I wear wool gloves in the winter when my steering wheel is around 20 degrees or so.

The opposite problem - when it's too hot. Sweaty paws don't make for good grip on things :crap: I've got carpal tunnel and some other unknown underlying issue that makes it so I can't really grip things too well too.

Back