Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with plants obsession.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, the plants drink first before I do. I think its good to be obsessed, because when a mite infestation happened I noticed the bite marks only a few wee hours after they were left there. Also, its not like your addicted to things bad for you. :P You really do learn a lot as well!

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice thread did the discussion we had in chat yesterday spark this? hahaha

id rather buy the brand new plant releases than feed myself three solid meals a day!

id rather have no vacation year round just to know that my plants will be safe and continue flourishing. The thought of a one week vacation costing me a month or two in progress due to stress makes me shudder lol

id rather spend an afternoon elbow deep in soil mixes potting things up than relaxing on my hammock with a cold drink

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had my girlfriend tell me to come back to bed when I woke up in the middle of the night to check the night-time drop. I've bought Distilled Water instead of shampoo that I needed. And before I had timers for everything, I wouldn't go out to college parties because it would mess with the photoperiod.
    "The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What really illuminates the addiction for me is when the stacks of flat rate boxes start piling up.

Or that I need to downsize my collection but I'm already thinking about what plants I would want to trade them for.

Or when I sit in front of the window and extract aphids or spider mites or what have you off with a broken guitar string or knife.

Or the fact that in the last three years I have easily spent more time on Terraforums than on any other website.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the way i see it is that the flatrate boxes i have piled up will one day be used to send off plants for trade i must have 30 of em broken down and stacked

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole space under my bed is broken down flat rate boxes, ziplock bags and packing peanuts.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading some of these I now feel great about myself. LOL love this thread!
    Your momma!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love this thread So often I'll go outside with the mindset to water my plants for 5 minutes and then get back to work or back inside. Yet 2 hours later I'm still outside looking at my plants' new growth and past meals when I suddenly wonder why it's getting dark and what the heck I've been doing for the last 2 hours. Not sure if I'm the only one who does that but it happens almost every time I go outside at all now...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast