Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cps in the heat and drought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a severe drought last month. No rain for 6 weeks and 95+ everday including a week of 105-110 everyday around the 4th of july. The only thing I lost was some mexican pings and they were more of an experiment anyway to see if they would do well outside. Surprisingly I have a large N. Miranda that was outside the whole time. It not only took the heat and low humidity but it is putting out the biggest pitchers it has ever grown. The thing is unstoppable. Alot of my s. leucophylla are sad looking, with a kind of little lid syndrome that I believe is from being too dry and hot. Most of the S. flava's and oreo's are mostly phyllodia. VFT look pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My outside sarrs and vfts look like crap. Worst I've ever seen 'em. A summer of mostly hot and windy days with single digit humidities has ravaged them. I do keep them well watered, but even still they are in bad shape. Lost my oldest sarr, a huge Judith Hindle Even my neps inside are suffering as our A/C can only do so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chezilla and I are very close so we've been experiencing similar weather. I almost lost a couple of VFTs but noticed they needed water before the were totally crispy and they pulled through. Luckily its humid here or i'm sure my plants would be worse off. Doesnt hurt having a RO filter either...well, until the water bill arrives.

Getting a small break today. Almost 12pm and its 86F and 66% humidity. Nice breeze too.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's affecting my sarrs as well. The pitchers get pretty sun burnt from this heat but hopefully that should die down in the fall to reveal a good display of nice pitchers. That seems to be the case for every hot year they go through. The Purp hybrids, however, are doing fine.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have lost a few VFT seedlings and broke out the grow light for some great looking plants but anything outside is just horrible. Not much rain in South Texas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys should get an RO unit. $70, and produce good water everywhere with any hose outlet.
    Especially you guys with large systems. At the very least, you can water the more expensive ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my dionaea and temperate drosera all look stressed...the sarrs are not as bad. my neps are lucky enough to terrarium plants.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12