Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cps in the heat and drought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cps in the heat and drought

just wondering how everyone elses cps are doing in all this heat and drought? i've been working 14 hour days so don't always get to check to bogs. finally had a day off about 10 days ago and was really disappointed with what i saw when i got to investigate. lost several vft's which i'm hoping just went dormant, but even sadder was the loss of my marl bog purp, several different leucos, flava black veins and some various hybrids. i dug trenches and put in soaker hoses and ran them for two days to re-wet the peat, and have been watering religiously. everything else has perked back up nicely and should make a full recovery. lost all of my neps last summer because my mother forgot they were hanging in a tree and they didn't get watered. so how are your cps doing?
    So many plants...so little time

My grow list:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ody-s-Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good. Thanks for asking..
    Hope yours pull through buddy.
    This rain all week should help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are showing definite signs of stress. I always water them with rain water but my barrels are almost dry. Have been splitting the rain water with hose water (TDS ~130) for a while, but will have to start using straight hose water soon if we don't get any rain.
    I too have lost a few vft's. So far the dews are doing ok, they loose most of their dew during the day but dew back up overnight. I don't know how long they can survive that. The Sarracenia are starting to loose pitchers.
    Don't know how it is in your neck of the woods, but the high temps here have been in the 100's, up to 112 daily for weeks, and we haven't had more than a few tenths of an inch of rain in about 3 months.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need some major rain right now. The plants are fine, but with me beign gone for a week soon, I need to fill my Sarracenia pool or they're all going ot dry out on me.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost a large cobra, a few N.ampullaria seedlings, some pygmy dews, some D.rotundifolia, all my P.grandiflora and a red VFT, everything else is doing ok...although a few sarrs are a bit crispy on the tops.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice thread

Almost all my plants are perfectly healthy! I buy a A/C so i keep the temps at 24-25C when its 35C outside my appartment. The only problem i had, and still have but its getting better, is too much water for my s.rubra and my vfts. Its always good drying the soil a LITTLE bit between each watering. Specialy when its a big pot.

Maiden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only good time to have a small collection! :P But I have been going through way more water than usual so that's a bummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I too am using tons and tons of water this year. Those larger tubs require a lot of water to stay nice and wet to keep the Sarrs happy.
    -Joel from Southern California

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast