User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone please educate me about ipods?

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pebes View Post
    an 8G nano can hold more than 50 albums so that is probably a good bet. what about your existing smart phone? if it has a music application and storage capacity you could save the extra $$.
    My car will not recognize the music on my phone unless it is plugged in. And my phone will not access the mini sd card if it is plugged in (not very smart of a smart phone I know). And it has no room for music to be loaded without the music being on the card.
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cassettes rule,, why not just plat the music from the cd's

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MICKEY View Post
    cassettes rule,, why not just plat the music from the cd's
    because i don't feel like constantly changing CD's. My old car had a ten cd changer so I could load and go, this one has only a single. This means keeping a whole bunch of cd copies up front with me and having to fiddle with them while I drive,
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chibae View Post
    because i don't feel like constantly changing CD's. My old car had a ten cd changer so I could load and go, this one has only a single. This means keeping a whole bunch of cd copies up front with me and having to fiddle with them while I drive,
    Music DVDs are where it's at man! Hold way more music than a CD, without having to fumble around with mp3 controls to skip songs. That last bit isn't so important if you get an actual iPod, but the term has become almost synonymous with mp3 player. iPod mp3 players can be controlled by devices they are plugged into, I have yet to see any other mp3 player that does that. Curse Apple and there patents...

You can get huge (internal memory) mp3 players at fractions of iPod prices, that work just as well if not better. Only you wont have the hordes of accessories to choose from. I have a creative zen touch mp3 player, has all 200 of my CDs and tons more of stuff I've downloaded. I barely use it anymore. Whenever I get new music now, it gets burned to a DVD... Like the old days of making mix-tapes.

If you do go for a big mp3 player, Apple or otherwise, be sure to check out how well it will make playlists. It can be very aggravating if it isn't done right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But ipod nanos are wway smaller than any mp3. Plus, when are you going to need 20,000 songs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12