What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant of the Month August 2012 VOTE!

Pick your top 3!

• mass -- D. sp. "Pretty Rosette"

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Devon -- D. x snyderi

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • kulamauiman -- Sarracenia "Georgia Peach"

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Peatmoss -- D. falconeri

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • uphwiz -- C.f. Hummer's giant

• Sundrew -- D. capillaris

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • mato -- D. indica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RL7836 -- S. rosea

• Whimgrinder -- C.f. "vigorous"

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • mcmcnair -- D. Lanata

• Not a Number -- D. californica

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Wire Man -- D. roseana

• amphirion -- D. graomogalensis

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Lil Stinkpot -- D. binata

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Exo -- S. purpurea ssp. venosa

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love your new dress - very becoming!!

Words can't express how happy I am that you enter these contests because your plants are just simply superb.
LOL - now you're going to make me blush ... :blush::blush: I think I'll need to have you give a bunch of them a sweet pep talk (maybe they don't like me hollering at them ... :scratch: )

I'm still waiting for a tantalizing shot of your seeming acres of D.prolifera :drool: (that is what it was at the bottom of the Utric tank, yeah?)
I think you might have to wait a while for that shot. While there's a bunch down there, the light is so dim that even the LFS won't grow - just masses of very happy prolifera in rotting LFS slime (hard to see that being photogenic - LOL).

Looking at my rosea pics - definitely appears that the white balance is off (even though I set it just before snapping pics) - it's like there is an off-color filter over all the pics ... :censor:

C. follicularis, the so-called "vigorous" clone (provenance: D. Hastings).
cephalotus-08-25a1.jpg

Wow! Nice plants Ron, Exo, and Paul!

I keep feeding this thing, and it keeps getting bigger... Something strange is afoot. I'm trying to get it to flower, but it will not... I just keep giving it food, and it develops about five new leaves a week...

DSC_0003-21.jpg

I think it has grown a tiny bit more since this pic was taken, but this will probably be the last one...

:bigthumpup:well i am glad i didn't enter my ceph now,cracking plant Paul

:bigthumpup:well i am glad i didn't enter my ceph now,cracking plant Paul

Thank you very much. I admit that I feel this plant is a bit of an accomplishment, as it is my first try with the genus, and only 14 months old from a wee juvenile!

That said, you shouldn't let my entry discourage you from including yours! Im sure it's beautiful, and we'd all enjoy seeing it :)

I've got to agree with the rabble: the rosea and ceph are pretty incredible.

Are you growing that one in an African Violet pot, Paul?

Gorgeous photography and subject, Paul. :)

Paul wins. :hail:

I've got to agree with the rabble: the rosea and ceph are pretty incredible.

Are you growing that one in an African Violet pot, Paul?

Thanks Matt! I am very pleased with this plant. I have several others in various stages of growth (including half a dozen leaf pullings, which are now pitchering a mere 3.5 months from starting!
I can't say for sure if this is an African Violet pot or not. It is about 8" tall and 5" wide, and somewhat tapered towards the bottom. It is NOT the pot-within-a-pot violet pot style that I sometimes see sold, it is just a single pot structure. No interior glazing. I soaked it for about 4 days in rain water to leach any minerals out of it, as I do with all my ceramic pots. I'm not sure if that helps or not, but it can't hurt, right?!

Paul wins. :hail:

I very much doubt that....you'll see. (And IMO, I have already "won" in that I have managed to cultivate a somewhat challenging species into what is surely an enviable specimen. You know how I feel about the competition aspect of the POTM ;-) I know I would have cr*pped my pantaloons a year ago if someone showed me what this plant would look like a year later!)

Here's my entry D. lanata
GeFu5.jpg

The whole colony that came from my one plant in about 1 years time
aopwA.jpg

7fiTI.jpg

IMGP7281.jpg

Darlingtonia californica

Awesome colony!

That's why I like pygmies, a lot of them can be grown in a small space.

Very cool pic wire man!

Poll has been reset and should be correct now. Vote away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back