What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redux! {Large Pic}

Hello!

I've been playing with my new camera a lot, and I decided I will re-do a few of my pics. . . Starting with this one!

My new camera is a Nikon D7000. I'm super happy to have it now, as I have been saving for almost a year. The lens used was a Nikon 60mm AF-S Micro.

#1 - I think this photo is too dark. It looks better when it's larger. . . (Lol)
7702099842_1b7d9ef713_b.jpg

#2 - This one may be considered too dark by some, but I am happy with it. :)
7702137226_8f344606cc_c.jpg

#3 - Same as number two, different colour balance.
7702117942_a76643ace4_c.jpg

Last time what I did was I used my monitor as a fake sunset, and it worked well considering I was using a Canon PowerShot S3 IS. This time I used Christmas lights of all colours, and with the new camera, I think it looks a lot cooler. I also have Photoshop now, so I was able to fix some white/green spots on the traps and do some other stuff. The only thing I wish i could have done differently, is use a remote shutter. I thought I had one that would work for Nikon, but apparently not. :p

Thanks for looking, and critique is welcome. Let me know if you think it is an improvement or if they are worse than the first.

Are you shooting RAW? You'll get much better dynamic range if you do. And that much more to work with in Photoshop.

Yes, I am.

Back