Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: POTM voting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like the idea of the monthly gallery of everyones favorite plant. (NICE Thought Whimgrinder). no more voting people out so to speak.
    Since this would not be a contest, maybe we all could just enjoy each others pictures, each of us would put up just one or two pictures at most, of any plant you like, in any given month, and no gallery or hall of winners thread, it would keep all of us nice, i do enjoy looking at all cp's not just neps. and i do like showing mine too.
    i like this debate , it makes me think of things i havent thought of in the past, it would be hard to loose all the time, and i want to see how the newer growers are doing too, as I am one of the newer growers of cp's

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been involved with the voting and have no idea how it works. But is there a way to show only the top three, or number of votes, oe whatever so folks know who won the contest but no one is singles out as a loser?
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What it all comes down to, for me, is a legit voting system.
    I don't care about losing.. as long as it's a legitimate loss.
    But when someone gloats about tampering with the voting system to ensure I lose, I mean.. come on.
    Why even keep it?
    It affects everyone that's entered, because THEY AREN'T LEGIT VOTES!! Why is that so hard to understand?
    Because you aren't directly affected, got it.

I already started that thread Paul.. Pic of the Day.
    You enter your killer pics quite often.
    And you can't tell me that's not the most laid back public pic thread ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about removing usernames from voting? Pictures could be emailed or sent through a pm. The person receiving the pics could put them in a thread for voting. Each picture would be labeled with only a plant name. After voting, the usernames of the top three pictures could be announced (or not).
    -Arthur

Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @dueoka: in theory, i would totally agree. great idea...problem is, i think the older members would easily be able to connect each user to their photos because of a distinct style each member has. for example, it would be very easy for me to figure out photos belonging to brie, whimgrinder, mass, brokken, pygo, kulamaui, and jharris.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I sure have missed a lot. My opinion: I think we should do the poll on TF. Mass: If true, then that must explain why your beautiful truncata X veitchii (I believe... was certainly a veitchii cross) got dead last several months ago. Seems pretty fishy to me. The only thing that should be judged here is the beauty of the specimen and the opinions on it by that certain voting individual, not the opinions of the person who entered it, which seems to me why this "anonymous" person is gloating about messing with the voting system. Still, it seems too risky to vote for it not on TF.

@ dueoka great idea, but I think people will still recognize the plants/growing habitats of the owners.

Edit: Paul, I really like your idea with the gallery where everyone could enter to show their pitchers of the month. One possible addition could be making a gallery hall of fame where everyone's pictures would be put, so everyone would be a winner . Still, I think both ideas will be flat out rejected because like you said, people do like to win.
    Last edited by lance; 08-04-2012 at 09:17 PM.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought of that after I posted. Things like the hue of the photo, style and background could easily discern the different members. Also, some people post their entry in their own pic thread.
    -Arthur

Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only see 2 possible solutions to this problem.

1. We switch to a TF poll voting system. Gravy..
    2. I quit participating all together. Thus eliminating a reason for this punk "Anonymous" to sway the votes.

Or does it?
    Even if I no longer enter, who's to say the votes aren't still being tampered with?

Why am I the only person that sees tampered voting as a big deal?
    Why would anyone even want to participate in that kind of contest?
    Doesn't matter what the top 3 are, if it wasn't really earned.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast