Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: POTM voting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would be interesting to ask people: what motivates you to take and submit photos to the POTM?

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always thought it was the motivation of wanting to get on the Hall of Fame where your pitcher would be on display for all to see.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    I've always thought it was the motivation of wanting to get on the Hall of Fame where your pitcher would be on display for all to see.
    In what way does the hall of fame have greater appeal than any thread that offers photos "for all to see"? In my mind, that would be an artificial distinction.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lets try it out.

I have added TF poll to the July voting thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-and-voting%29

Not sure how this will go on the "official" results (maybe they can be put as a July #2 in the hall of fame??)... But for fun, lets revote for July using TF poll... Please vote for your favorite 3, you can vote less.... but then your second and third favorite may not make the top! You have 5 days, go!
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't seen the results of July's contest, but unless I'm dead last again I think "Anonymous" was referring more to that contest a couple of months ago. We all know the one..
    I think last month and the month before turned out pretty fair considering the competition.

The whole point was:
    1. Why not just use a TF poll so we don't even have to worry about swayed votes?
    2. I know we already voted on the voting process, but that was a confusing 250 question poll. This thread was focused on just the ONE question that actually mattered to me. And no, it wasn't the 6 month rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually liked using the TF poll more, it was nice to be able to just scroll down and see the entries again before making my choices.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm okay with it, though generally not being able to rate them from top to bottom and assign first, second, third and so on leads to another kind of skew - one where people vote for their own entries.

No one way is perfect but why not give it a shot?
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that I miss not being able to rank them, but I still prefer the TF poll over the other. If keeping the voting inhouse could remove or minimize any potential tampering, I see no reason not to.
    Does the poll allow someone to choose more than 3 entries? If so, that may be a way people could potentially tamper with the results.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast