Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Curiosity has landed!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mylesG View Post
    dont say it as if i support the budget and spending of our military luca. its insane.... doesnt mean spending billions to take pictures of rocks and dust is any less crazy

i cant even respond to the others without flying into a rant.
    Thats not the point of Curiosity though. It was sent to test the rocks of a nearby mountain to see if life could have existed in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and this matters because?

all itd do is give a bunch of ppl pants tents that there was life anywhere beyond earth's atmosphere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With this information we can see if life would be sustainable for future human exploration

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mylesG View Post
    and this matters because?

all itd do is give a bunch of ppl pants tents that there was life anywhere beyond earth's atmosphere.
    Because discovering life on another planet would change the human race forever in ways we can hardly imagine. To discover whether or not we really are as unique as some would have us think, and all for a Paltry sum of a few coins. Do we have the right to stifle the path of the human race so some people can have a few more dollars?

"If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits?" -Carl Sagan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guess what, it doesnt matter! we can determine if we could colonize mars regardless of whether or not life once existed there.

lmao shears ^ you funny. and most certainly one of those ppl im talking about.

stifle the human race? are you listening to yourself? cuz finding fossils of some micro organisms is gunna boost us so far?

i really need to stop coming back in here.... my face and palm are gunna fuse together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lets agree to disagree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really think the main reason for the mission is "Curiosity" itself. Plus it would be pretty cool if we found life.
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's important to continue missions like this. I just wonder if there is a way to keep the price down? I'm not entirely sure why everything has to be so expensive (probably most of it goes into fuel and such). If there was a way to do this with 10% of the budget that would be way rad.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast