Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Curiosity has landed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we should go to Vulcan instead of Mars.
    Does going to a marian VULCANO help you out at all?

Sorry.

Wonder if the space industry will come up with some new tech to help me with my terrible humor.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, just to clear things up, although I believe it's a waste of money, it's not as if that money would have been spent to help feed the hungry or anything.... Just saying.
    Heli, although yes in 1 million years we won't be able to live on Earth, it's not exactly as if moving to Mars is going to help anyone... People would need to actually leave the solar system as one won't be able to survive on any of the planets in our solar system when the sun does eventually die because the ensuing explosion, or supernova, would envelop much of the solar system and make the rest of it completely inhospitable for any type of human life. Setting up a colony on Mars isn't gonna happen.
    Shears, what on Earth are you saying...? See what I said above, and seriously consider whether one trip to Mars is going to change the fate of the human race one million years from now... jeez.
    Finally, jrmc, I completely disagree with your assertion that giving care packages for the hungry is a waste at all. The recipients certainly aren't laying back and taking the food and resources for granted, they're most definitely very happy and filled with gratitude to receive such basic necessities which they can't provide for themselves. You say we're getting the short end of the bargain, but this is about giving and supporting our fellow American citizens, not trying to profit. C'mon, the goal is to help, not to gain individually, that's ridiculous. The hungry and unlucky actually need the money, not us. Besides, you say the "hard-working" American is getting the short end of the stick. Who works harder, the person taking any job to provide for his family and working ridiculous hours for horrible pay or the businessman filling out papers in his air-conditioned office?
    And now my ranting is done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good rant iwest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One last thing:

Thing globally, act locally.

BOOM.
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks myles, glad you like it!

Peat: I believe you meant to say "think" not "thing" but nice piece of advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we all agree at least that science is pretty cool? I mean, we have a robot on another planet. I think that's pretty cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roxorboxor View Post
    Can we all agree at least that science is pretty cool? I mean, we have a robot on another planet. I think that's pretty cool.
    +1,000
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's a good article about what curiosity actually cost to YOU, as a citizen. If you still don't like it, well, just shut your stupid face hole. cuz nobody cares anyways

http://www.planetary.org/blogs/casey...mes-cheap.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast