Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP!!! Swamp Cooler!!!

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My parents said no... I need suggestions for something around $250-$275... Would you rather me not want to even spend $50? I mean I need help with this... Even just a place to buy that is reputable would be good. Maybe somewhere online IDK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my part of the country, where it's too humid for swamp coolers to work well anyway, the solution would be go to Walmart or Lowes and get a small ac unit and a fogger. I don't know how big your greenhouse is, don't know if that would be feasable for your setup.
    You would have to vent the back of the ac unit outside somehow, and crank up the fogger to counteract the drying effect of the ac unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketcaver View Post
    In my part of the country, where it's too humid for swamp coolers to work well anyway, the solution would be go to Walmart or Lowes and get a small ac unit and a fogger. I don't know how big your greenhouse is, don't know if that would be feasable for your setup.
    You would have to vent the back of the ac unit outside somehow, and crank up the fogger to counteract the drying effect of the ac unit.
    My parents specifically said they don't want an AC out there because it will eat up too much money in energy costs. Even if one doesn't cost too much, they still said no to the idea and they're no the people who will budge when it comes to putting an electrical thing outside.

I just need a freaking swamp cooler from somewhere. Does anyone have suggestions of places online I could buy from other than Air & Water?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you checked Craigslist.org for a used something?
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ermagerd, I love this one, but I can't find the tank size... http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25ec...1#.UCp1SlZmTIU

Sundrew, I want something that can sit on a shelf with the roof of the GH right above it. The other swamp cooler was perfect but they DC'd it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you even read the reviews on the one you listed Pineapple??

Also the reservoir is 5.5 gallons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if the swamp cooler sits on the stand so that the vent in the back is level with the opening in your greenhouse? You may have to get rid of your back shelf, or just put it in front of the cooler. Maybe it's possible to take the stand off? And 31drew31 is right, I saw the one you mentioned, but the reviews are overwhelmingly negative. Is it possible to make the one I listed work?

If worse comes to worse you could always try and make your own . I had fun making mine, and although it was made to only cool a terrarium, you could easily make larger versions to sit next to your highlands.
    Last edited by Sundrew; 08-14-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast