What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

I will be there this time :-D

Last edited:
A few photos from February

P2137205.jpg

(Sarracenia purpurea x psitticina) x minor

P2137213.jpg

Nepenthes ventricosa hybrid

P2137204.jpg

A cool wild orchid.

P2137206.jpg

Venus' Flytrap 'Low Giant' on it's way to gigantic.

P2137207.jpg

Sarracenia venosa

P2137214.jpg

I don't know what it is but I like it! What do we have here, Mato?

Thanks for uploading these, Mark. The orchids are Corybas pictus and the staghorn fern is Platycerium ridleyi.

Great pics Mark! Thank you, as always, for posting pics of plants at our meets.

We definitely had some interesting plants this month. Someone remind me to bring D. scorpiodes gemmae next month.

One week! I should have something interesting to show off this month.

Did you collect that orchid yourself? If you did, who knows what kind of laws there could be protecting it.

I might bring my Heli or my lil' Nepenthes this month for a change, instead of sundews.

Hmmm. What do I have to bring that I haven't already brought?

March meeting photos

It was a fun meeting and lots of goodies were given out as well as great plants brought in for show and tell. I try to not bring home anything new but this month I failed miserably. :)

P3127215.jpg

A healthy Nepenthes propagant.

P3127216.jpg

P3127218.jpg

Giant form of Drosera capensis.

P3127221.jpg

A very nice D. regia.

P3127220.jpg

Awesome giveaway goodies!

P3127217.jpg

Super dark 'Hummer's Giant' Cephalotus.

P3127222.jpg

Bags of living sphagnum were distributed.

Nice photos Mark and thanx again for posting them. I also failed miserably and took new stuff home this time. The plan is to bring my excess to solve space issues and not add to it, haha.

I ended up taking more stuff home than I thought I did. I found a Sarracenia seedling and 2 Drosera hibernacula in my bag of moss. By the way [MENTION=8561]mato[/MENTION] do you have any idea what that Nepenthes is? It's the one we lost the tag for, though I suspect it's too small to identify yet.

Did you collect that orchid yourself? If you did, who knows what kind of laws there could be protecting it.

I feel quite sure that this plant was legally obtained.

That would be a bit difficult since the plant is native to southeast Asia and Australia.
When he said that it was a wild orchid, I thought that it was an orchid native to America and that he found it. I didn't realize that it was an import.

I now regret not taking home some more of those freebies. I hope that others took 'em home so they didn't end up in the compost!

They were all accounted for, don't worry!

I now regret not taking home some more of those freebies. I hope that others took 'em home so they didn't end up in the compost!

The freebies not claimed will not end up in the compost, haha. Everything will most likely be re-potted and put back out into the pools to grow up :-D

Back