What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

The freebies not claimed will not end up in the compost, haha. Everything will most likely be re-potted and put back out into the pools to grow up :-D

Oh thank god, I thought I heard someone make a remark about "CPs" and "Compost" and my imagination went wild!

a couple of the plants i brought home sent up flower spikes this week! Guess they like it here. :)

'Just thought I'd point out that a week from tomorrow - which is Saturday, April 9 - is our next meeting!

Last edited:
At the rate the plant is growing, I might have a Darlingtonia flower to show off (or even to cross-pollinate if anyone else has one.) Time will tell.

Looks like my Darlingtonia flower is about open now so I'll be bringing it in. If anyone else has one it'll be a great pollination opportunity!

Good luck with your darlingtonia seeds if you get any.

See you tomorrow!

I will be bringing a couple trays of sarracenia for giveaway from our local nursery.

Tiffany: I will be bringing the S. oreophila and jonesii for you as well.

Last edited:
The weather forecast I have says 67 F. and partly sunny. Maybe we can sit out of doors for the first time this year!

Last edited:
We may be able to. I was expecting it to be a bit warmer today but it's been solid clouds all morning.

April's photos

We did, indeed, sit out of doors and it was very pleasant. Here are a few photos I snapped.

P4097396%20-%20Copy.jpg

Pinguicula 'Sethos'

P4097398.jpg

Generous free goodies from our friendly local CP nursery.

P4097397%20-%20Copy.jpg

Flower on a pretty little Darlingtonia.

P4097401.jpg

A beautiful Paphiopedilum.

P4097402%20-%20Copy.jpg

A nice sundew collection.

P4097403.jpg

Utricularia alpina

P4097404.jpg

Some serious goodies here.

P4097405.jpg

Pinguicula 'Rose'

P4097408.jpg

Utricularia reniformis and Drosera graomogolensis for giveaway!

Last edited:
Is that your Betty's Bay that's flowering [MENTION=8617]bluemax[/MENTION] ?

Is that your Betty's Bay that's flowering [MENTION=8617]bluemax[/MENTION] ?

That one belongs to Charlie, though it is the exact same clone that I grow. I took several photos of them because they looked so nice but the results were less than decent.

Last edited:
I realize this is pretty late notice, but I thought some of you might be interested in the Clackamas County Master Gardeners Spring Garden Fair this weekend:

Spring Garden Fair

I wouldn't expect anything terribly exotic since the show is mostly intended for outdoor vegetable and flower gardens, but there are 2 CP vendors listed. There will also be some people selling air plants, garden art, and other goodies.

I am going to sit the garden fair out this year and nursery-sit instead, but usually go every year and it is really nice. Our local CP nursery will be selling plants there again this year.

I generally make it to the Spring Garden Fair each year and totally recommend it to anyone who has never been, assuming you like gardening in some form or another. There are lots of amazing and exotic plants for sale as well as garden-related art and accessories. My inability to attend this year will certainly make me want to go there all the more next year. And we have lovely weather for it!

I had heard it was supposed to be cloudy all day, but after a cold, cloudy morning we have clear skies. I just got back from the show and it was very crowded like usual.

Two days left! It looks like we're in for rain so we may be indoors this month.

Back