What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

Wow looks like you guys have a nice turnout. I'll have to come check it out sometime. Is it usually Saturdays?
~Joe

Wow looks like you guys have a nice turnout. I'll have to come check it out sometime. Is it usually Saturdays?
~Joe

Hey, great to see you're still around in the hobby. Welcome back to the forum.

~Joe

The meetup details are still the same as in the first post. Many people who attend don't use Terraforums or don't check it regularly so changing the place or time is pretty much impossible.

Gotcha nimbulan. I might be able to make it down sometime in the next few weeks. Pretty busy lately, but come springtime I'll probably have a lot of divisions to unload on people. Nice to see you too NaN!
~Joe

Our next meetup will be on February 11. If you can make it we'd love to have you, though that is a pretty long drive.

Nah I make the trip to Seattle all the time, Portland is only a little bit further. I'll probably want to fold it in with a longer trip when I do go, but I should be able to make it on occasion. Not sure about February as I am already making a trip down earlier that week to take my buddy to the airport and that'll eat up most of my free time for the week. Thanks though, I will definitely keep it in mind.
~Joe

The last meet was awesome for trades. I'm impressed with how many people seemed to make it despite the iced-over roads.

This last one was definitely a pinguicula themed pub party, can't wait for the pics to come along!

Oh the roads were most certainly a mess. Sandy Blvd, despite being a major road, had not been plowed and I drove 50 blocks down it in both directions over the very rough, packed-down ice. It looks worse than it is though as the only places I lost traction were getting stopped at a light while going uphill, and when turning left since the snow wasn't packed down over the center line.

Here is a teaser until Mark gets his pics up.

32223071712_58d04ddf19_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_7578 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]

32253053561_1f432be505_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_7584.jpgx1 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]

32334234186_a09dc4e4fa_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_7582.jpgx1 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]

Good to see you on TF, Seedjar. It would be fun to have you at one of our meetings. It is also nice to hear from you on our meeting thread here, NaN.

I think Dj's appetizer might be better than the following entree but here goes:

P1147925.jpg

More Genlisia flowers.

P1147929.jpg

P1147931.jpg

P1147933.jpg

Amazing Pinguicula collection.

P1147936.jpg

Drosera hilaris, D. 'Andromeda' and P. gypsicola

P1147934.jpg

D. aliciae and D. 'Andromeda'

P1147939.jpg

P1147940.jpg

P1147943.jpg

P1147946.jpg

I believe this little beauty is Nepenthes leonardoi.

Thank you all for continuing to post pictures of the meet ups! I miss coming but this is the next best thing. It's like my CP fix for the month. I am hoping to make a meet up this summer sometime, we will see. In the meantime I have been growing and trading and I have keep The sundews alive (and happy even!) and have Scorpioides coming out my ears. (if any one wants one I'll mail it to you)
So thanks again and happy new year!

I took the liberty of asking Andrew to move this thread to the newly-created 'Societies' forum. 'Hope that works for everyone. It should be much easier to find for newcomers.

Having a forum all to ourselves is pretty great, feels official ^.^

And so I now announce that our Feb. get-together is next Saturday, Feb. 11 at 3:00. If you need info for where to go see the newly re-edited first post on this thread. All are welcome. 'Hope to see you there!

Photos from February

A great turnout and lots of fun, I'd say. Here's what I've got.

P2117959.jpg

Baby seed grown Nepenthes sumatrana.

P2117960.jpg

N. robcantlyi x hamata

P2117961.jpg

Drosera menziesii

P2117962.jpg

Pinguicula agnata 'True Blue'

P2117963.jpg

P2117964.jpg

P. esseriana

P2117965.jpg

Truly giant Cepholatus folicullaris 'Hummers' Giant'

P2117966.jpg

N. ampullaria seedlings?

P2117968.jpg

P2117970.jpg

Bucketful of goodies.

P2117972.jpg

For its species this plant is huge.

P2117973.jpg

Hawaiian D. anglica

P2117971.jpg

P. agnata red-leaved form flower.

P2117969.jpg

Bad plant! Those are my steak fries!

You got some nice close-ups this time! Also the red Nepenthes pitcher is a Nepenthes "Black Knight"

Dang, someone has picture perfect plants!

Damn, just found this thread, I had no idea there was a regular meetup in Portland. I in Seattle and don't get down there too regularly but would love to catch a meetuo, especially now that spring is around the corner. Well, a couple corners maybe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, just found this thread, I had no idea there was a regular meetup in Portland. I in Seattle and don't get down there too regularly but would love to catch a meetuo, especially now that spring is around the corner. Well, a couple corners maybe...

You would be most welcome to come down and join us!

Here is a link to the "sticky" containing info on meet location, day, and time: Meet Location, Day, and Time

You would be most welcome to come down and join us!

Here is a link to the "sticky" containing info on meet location, day, and time: Meet Location, Day, and Time

Thanks! Yours is a good approach really. We used to have a CP group in Seattle but it faded away sometime during my long absence. Just having a regular meetup where everyone already knows when and where, makes good sense. I know we have plenty of people around here too so we should try it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back