What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

@ Mato: Maybe early March? Yeah, I'd like to do the Spring Garden Fair again. The last one was so big and amazing that I didn't even have enough time to see it all.

Beware the Ides of March.. early in the month sounds good. Yes, the CSGF was mind-boggling. Too bad we can't all pool our resources and rent a booth!

And for what it's worth,mim planning on attending the PDX home and garden show as well, if anyone wants to get together for that.

And for what it's worth,mim planning on attending the PDX home and garden show as well, if anyone wants to get together for that.

I'd be down!

edit: In fact, there is a garden show at the convention center this weekend. Not sure if I will be going or not, but here's the link http://www.ygpshow.com/

Last edited:
It looks like we have a quorum to do the meeting thing again on Saturday, March 9 at 3:00 PM at the Moon and Sixpence. We'd love to see you there!

Alas, the one weekend in March I am not available :-(

an excuse to drink a bunch of red wine and blab about plants? i'm there :)

@Whimgrinder: 'Sorry you can't make it. I really enjoyed seeing you there last time. We are trying to come up with a better system to choose dates so the most people can attend. Any suggestions?

@Jawn: Great! 'Should be fun.

I'll be there also and looking forward to seeing all of you again! :-D

Can't wait to see everyone. Spring is in the air..

This is the kind of meeting i like. But im not good enough in english to understand a entire fast conversation, and here in montreal(french area), i think im the only cp grower.

M

This is the kind of meeting i like. But im not good enough in english to understand a entire fast conversation, and here in montreal(french area), i think im the only cp grower.

M

We are very fortunate to have good people here to meet with. 'Just the same if you should ever find yourself in the Portland, OR area give us a shout. I can talk pretty slowly. :)

@Whimgrinder: 'Sorry you can't make it. I really enjoyed seeing you there last time. We are trying to come up with a better system to choose dates so the most people can attend.

Well, announcing a meetup more than a week or so in advance might be helpful for some. My weekend activities are generally scheduled one to three weeks out.

Well, announcing a meetup more than a week or so in advance might be helpful for some. My weekend activities are generally scheduled one to three weeks out.

Thanks for the input, Paul. There has been talk about planning the 'meetings' several in advance so they would be easy to plan for. I'm all for that - not that I claim any administrative position here. 'Thoughts, anyone?

Easy enough: April 20th is the orchid society show and sale. Next-next meeting then?

It really hasn't been that big of a problem for me to make it to any of these yet. I do get where Paul is coming from especially since he is traveling a fair distance. Now with several people coming it would be easier to know several weeks to a month in advance. Not that I have been any help in planning these great meet ups:).

Way to take the bull by its horn's Mat and that sounds great I think.

Are there ever any CP vendors at the orchid show?

No, but there should be.

Xtian, would you like to come to our meeting this Saturday?

I would LOVE to but sadly I already have other plans.

And you can call me Christian, my full name was just too long to use. :)

Back