What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

Yes! thank you. I am going to have to wait for another month. Thanks for the reminder!

This is pretty short notice but this Saturday, Dec. 9 will be our December meet-up. The Dec. meetings are some of my favorites. Same time, same place.

Is there something similar near Seattle or is Portland the closest?

There is a group that meets monthly in Seattle. They first announced here at TF and I believe the info they posted at that time is still valid; First meeting Saturday!

You'll find their recent postings here: Log into Facebook . Steven Ehlers runs the group now but Bob Beer founded it, I believe. Both are really good guys. They chose the 3rd Saturday of the month so as not to coincide with the Portland meetings, which I always thought was very cool of them.

Just a reminder that the next meeting is scheduled for next Saturday on Jan. 13. Please keep an eye on the weather forecast - we would likely cancel if things become too icy/snowy.

This is a little close but our next meeting is this Sat. Feb. 10, same time, same place. Being as we had to cancel due to weather, I am certainly looking forward to it.

Once again we are on the countdown for our next meeting which will be Sat. March 9 at the Moon and Sixpence Pub in Portland beginning at 3:00 PM. Bring your plants to wow everyone, come for the delicious English pub fare of the M and S, enjoy discussions with people who understand what it means to properly grow carnivorous plants. We are friendly, and easy to find. 'Just look for the people with potted plants on their table!

For those of you who suffer through these announcements every month - my apologies, if so. But I want everyone to know that if you think growing cp's is a blast you should try sharing the experience with like-minded others over a tasty beverage. Maybe there is no such group in your area? Put out the word to others and start one! This is what my friends and I did and we have now been going for nearly 12 years. Our meetings are always a high point in my month and, hopefully, it is the same for others.

Back