What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

Hey guys,

Quite a few of us will be attending the open house today, and some, including myself, will be heading to the Moon and Sixpence afterwards for a pint and the usual meeting. Although this probably won't be until after 3:30.

See ya there!

For those of you who aren't already aware, next month's meeting will be held at S NW's nursery. Jacob has asked us if we would like to help them repot their purpurea, which are apparently difficult to divide. Payment will be nursery credit towards plants.

S NW nursery at 11 am on Saturday, August 10th.

We may be meeting at the Moon & Sixpence beforehand in order to carpool, but this may not be necessary for everyone.

Depending on the time we get together maybe we can still meet at the Moon and Sixpence afterwards? Potting sarrs makes me thirsty!

Depending on the time we get together maybe we can still meet at the Moon and Sixpence afterwards? Potting sarrs makes me thirsty!

I know I'll want to!

Is the Moon & Sixpence open that time of morning? I will meet up with you guys there or at the coffee shop depending on that. What time are you planning on leaving for SNW?

I won't be attending. You know why. Have fun, though!

So just to reiterate - our regular monthly get-together at the Moon and Sixpence will happen at 3:00, this Sat. Aug. 10. Come one, come all. Feel free to bring plants to show off or give away or any materials of interest to your fellow cp growers. If you need directions they are in the first post on this thread.

I will be there.

A reminder about the regular Portland CP group rendezvous at the Moom & Sixpence on the second Saturday of this month, Sept. 14, at 3 pm. For those wishing to attend who are unsure if they will be allowed in due to age, the Moon & Sixpence does allow underage customers into their establishment, so feel free to come join us.

I will be there between 3 and 4 pm and may bring some "I am downsizing" plants to share.

I'll see you there, Djoni.

I'll probably see you guys there

!Y yo tambien! For this I'll come down from the Mountain.

And I'm glad I did. I gather a splendid time was had by all. And for those of us who hung out latest - we had a chance to chat with the lovely Guinness Girls and received a free Guinness glass with custom laser-etched letters on it! All this and cp's too!

And I'm glad I did. I gather a splendid time was had by all. And for those of us who hung out latest - we had a chance to chat with the lovely Guinness Girls and received a free Guinness glass with custom laser-etched letters on it! All this and cp's too!

What! I knew I should have checked that out..

What! I knew I should have checked that out..

Yeah, wished you would have hung around a little longer. It was cool to see the laser machine etch the glasses. I had them etch Dallas' name on my glass as a peace offering for getting home so late, haha...it worked.

He also liked the cactus, thanx Scott!

Aw man I saw that as I was leaving. Looked like a 3D printer, but I didn't know what it was. I figured they were another club/group of musicians/eccentric group who meet at the pub. Good times for sure :)

Just a quick notice: next Saturday, Oct. 12, is the second Sat. and the 'meeting' will be happening at the regular time (3:00 PM) and the regular place (the Moon and Sixpence Pub.) There is a rumor that there will some neps to be given away...

Last edited:
A local nursery owner has confirmed that he will be attending the next meeting. This should be a good one!

Also, I've provided details about the meeting on the Biology listserv at PSU. Hopefully this means there will be quite a few new faces.

Hmmm, gonna have to get there early and push tables together it sounds like, lol. See ya all on Saturday!

Back