What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

I think it might work better for some others as well. A fortuitous event, sort of... :)

For the record: If they can wait that long, and I think they can, I will have D. scorpioides gemmae to give away this Saturday. They should be very much ready to grow.

I will be there this Saturday. Due to life events at the moment, I am having to temporarily relocate out of state for several months and need to give up my inside CPs, so will be bringing them this Saturday to hopefully find new homes.

That doesn't sound like particularly good news, Djoni. Talk to you about it tomorrow.

If you'd like to simply have someone "babysit" the plants, I could certainly hold them while you're away.

I second Mat's comment. I can't promise 100% survival, but I have plenty of room to "babysit" if you would like.

I will be bringing my oldest son. Sunday is his 8th birthday, so we are doing a fun day out. How much more fun can you have than a CP get together: o_O

See you guys at 3.

The evil black car is ready to roll. :)

Another fun meet. Thanx guys for your well wishes and support. See ya all this summer when I return.

That was a lot of fun. 'Maybe we even fired up a new grower or two. We'll miss you DJ!

Hear ye, hear ye! This Sat. the 8th is the second Saturday of the month of March and so this will be the meeting day at the Moon and Sixpence. Festivities begin at 3:00 PM. 'Hope to see you there.

Things are getting busy at the moment, but I'll try to stop in if I can (I really have no excuse with my proximity to the place).

I've been researching a lot of local CP sites lately, so hopefully when the weather warms up a bit we can conduct some of our meetings in the field. Also, Bovee's vireya nursery (tropical highland rhododendrons) is open and would be an interesting place to gather - that is, if any of you are interested in plants that grow sympatrically with Nepenthes.

Have you folks considered starting the meeting earlier in the afternoon? A 3PM start time makes attending less appealing to out-of-towners. (I won't drive I-5 after dark unless absolutely necessary)

We could do that, Paul. It would only require a shuffling of the venues as suggested previously, since the Moon opens at 3. During the Summer, 3 pm isn't bad, but it can be very tiresome in the winter.

Ahh, I don't think I realized that the venue didn't open till 3PM.

Regardless, a change of scenery wouldn't be bad.

Agreed. I love the M & S but some variety would be fine. Earlier works, too. I would enjoy seeing the nursery.

Having said that let's continue with our normal time and place for this meeting and see what we can come up with for the next one. I love field trips but it would be great if we can find and designate someplace nearby where we could meet before and afterwards. Maybe a coffee house or a very casual restaurant? Someplace that wouldn't mind us putting potted plants on the table. Thoughts?

road trip. come drive over this way :p

It has been proposed that we hold the April meeting on Maui. Does anyone second the motion? :-O

I'd be down, but I think the only problem would be getting in touch with everyone at a moment's notice. If we've got everyone's phone numbers, it could work.

I would hate to hear that a few people were sitting alone expecting us to be at the usual place. Should we save it for April?

Back