What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Rendezvous in Portland, OR

My family has lived in Portland for years, but I only just found the community! Can noob show up ? I might be able to bring some nepenthes ventricosa cutlings....

We're always happy to have more people, we actually just had a few new people show up last month. Unfortunately you just missed this month's meeting but you're welcome join us in August.

My family has lived in Portland for years, but I only just found the community! Can noob show up ? I might be able to bring some nepenthes ventricosa cutlings....

As nimbulan said, we always welcome everyone who is interested. It is not necessary to bring anything to share but it is fun when people do. Our next meeting will be the second Saturday of August. I have photos taken from the last meeting that I will try to get posted soon.

double post. If a moddy could please delete this I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
July's photos

P7097458.jpg

Some nice temperate pings and a S. American sundew.

P7097460.jpg

It was a good day for flytraps!

P7097462.jpg

P7097461.jpg

Big Sarracenia purpurea subspecies purpurea

P7097463.jpg

Sweet little Nepenthes spectabilis.

P7097464.jpg

Drosera rotundifolia, D.filiformis and D. intermedia for giveaway - and pots too.

P7097465.jpg

P7097466.jpg

And some books showed up too! This one is new and has amazing photography.

P7097467.jpg

This one is a classic.

I am giving the one-week notice that on Sat., Aug. 13 we will be having our August meeting, same time and place. Bring your beautiful plants and those that you wish to give away. All are welcome. Hopefully we can get another dose of the wonderful weather we had today!

Unfortunately I'm probably not going to make it today as I'm sick at the moment. I'll see how I'm feeling later but it's not looking like it's going to happen right now.

I haven't made it to a meeting in a while, but today that changes! When I got back from a vacation in Glacier National Park (I saw cp's there!) I found most of my outdoor plants dead from a heat wave. I'm bringing some giveaways of plants that I think can be salvaged. Can't wait to see everybody!

-Charlie

Wow! That wistuba order really paid off!

Yep they've been growing well. The H. heterodoxa recovered from shipping a lot faster and is larger, but this one decided to flower first. I can already see it reaching for the light though so I'm going to need to do something about that...

We are now 1 week away from this month's meeting. I intend to take photos this time, ha! 'Hope to see you there!

I hope to come to my first meeting next week. See you there!

I'll be there. I'll also try to bring some things for folks to peer at this time :D

Marcus and I are coming to town, so we will be there this month. Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new people! :)

I believe a splendid time was had by all. It was truly enjoyable being out of doors again and enjoying the conversation and experiences of our cp growing friends.

P9107501.jpg

Pinguicula megaspilaea, P. cyclosecta and Byblis guehoi.

cde94334-988f-4596-bb69-845533ea84a5.jpg

P. planifolia

P9107503.jpg

P. x 'Sethos'

P9107504.jpg

A lovely Sarracenia leucophylla cross, an S. rubra form and a very healthy-looking Nepenthes that I wish I had photographed with the tag showing!:oops:

P9107506.jpg

A very interesting Utricularia identified as a form of U. longifolia.

P9107507.jpg

This lovely Oncidium orchid was given away and is now in the hands of a happy new owner.

The Nepenthes cross in question is N. spathulata x petiolata :D

Thanks for taking pictures as always Mark :)

Last edited:
A reminder that the next get-together is rapidly coming up - next Saturday, October 8. 'Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Back