What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lil hokie's CP Photo Thread

• Thread starter lil hokie
  • Start date
Nice pics! Love that leuco and the wasp. Yeah, my VFT dente traps get almost as large as my Colorado Giant traps, especially the ones I don't let flower.

Looks like your capensis could use more light, but they look good.

Looks like your capensis could use more light, but they look good.

Yeah they do but it keeps raining! I'm going to try to remove the shelter soon so they can garb some more light.

Took some awesome pictures recently so I have a quick upload. Also my S. alata is throwing up the biggest pitcher I have ever seen in person! Its about to open soon so when it opens I will take another picture and post them both.

Tasty!
SpiderSigned.jpg

They never fall in!
AwesomeWaspSigned.jpg

I finally got a chance to take the shelter off the seedlings outside. They do not have much color because of the tinted plastic roof above them most of the time. It has been raining so much here lately and two of the trays out of the four have flooded and killed some of the seedlings..mostly sundews seedlings.

Seedlings2Signed.jpg

SeedlingsSigned.jpg

And here is a bonus photo of a cute little guy on the road. I almost stepped on him when I came home one day.
Snailsigned.jpg

love the slug pic

Hahahaha, loves the spider-in-pitcher pic, great shot! Seedlings looking mighty fine, good job on those.

I'm always sorry to hear bout sundew mortality. 'Hope the rain hasn't done too much damage. I really like the snail pic. 'Didn't know they could cruse along that deep in the water.

It has been quite a while since I have posted anything in this thread so I am going to attempt to get some better, new pictures of the several plants I have. They increased quite a bit over the winter months. Until then check out this photo from yesterday...

This is my dog. His name is Bear. He is a wirehair dachshund and as you can see he has something stuck in his beard. He stopped and smelled the sarracenia flowers.
DSCN6879_zps996da7da.jpg

dawww.. cute dog.. Also, did you make those little pouches or did you find em somewhere?

I made them! I got sick of trying to hold all the bits together and tie them so I made drawstring pouches instead. So much easier.

Nice plants !! :) your purp is outstanding !

Ok, besides the catesbaei, Bear has got to be my favorite! Nice sea of sarrs :-D

That cool cat is nearly 16 inches tall with a 4 inch hood! I am really excited about it. It practically doubled in size from last season!

I noticed the nice flavas in the background. I am growing the same variety this year for the first time. I've always liked wire-haired doxys.

Good looking plants Heather.

Back