Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Double Dormant Deathcube Rescue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup! its growing! the flytrap is definately growing!

yaaayyyy!

im gonna keep him under a compact flourescent bulb over the winter, because he was already dormant when i got him, and was in such terrible shape, i dont think he could stand to go back into dormancy. if i take good care of 'im, i think this guy will be able to grow into a nice, happy, insect devouring plant! (there is also a shrivled Drosera capensis in the pot i put the flytrap bulb in. knowing capensis, its probably gong to make a comeback of its own soon, sproutin' a bunch of baby dews up from the roots!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have these kits in just about every Lowe's around here. I'm interested to see how yours do, I just might pick one up myself and save it for the spring to try and germinate. It says on one side of the box that it's a VFT and a Sarracenia rubra on the one's we get up here, same packaging and everything. Now I really want to see if your Sarr turns out to actually be a rubra or not, as it's definitely from the same company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres my rubra on its 2nd year out of the cube. Pretty bronze color and dark red, almost black, lip. the VFT that came with it is in m bog garden and it makes some of the biggest traps in my collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dionae View Post
    Heres my rubra on its 2nd year out of the cube. Pretty bronze color and dark red, almost black, lip. the VFT that came with it is in m bog garden and it makes some of the biggest traps in my collection.
    Wow, that rubra came from a cube?!?! Was it the grow your own kit like Sarracenia_X's or were they small plants when you got them? Either way, nice job! I may have to go get one afterall if that's what's in the kit,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taargus View Post
    Wow, that rubra came from a cube?!?! Was it the grow your own kit like Sarracenia_X's or were they small plants when you got them? Either way, nice job! I may have to go get one afterall if that's what's in the kit,
    Looked just like sarracenia x's plant when I bought it. The VFT looked the same too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123