What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Epic birthday present!

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
Hey peeps, thanks again for all the well wishes on my birthday, it means alot, and I thought I'd share something great that happened this morning!

I went fishing this morning, had planned on getting up painfully early, but slept in till 9, sorta figured that the fish would have stopped biting by the time I got there, but I went anyway. I have been trying to catch a salmon during the annual spawning run for a few years now, but I never have any luck, well, today, that all changed. This is that I brought in on my very first cast, after a 20 min battle that nearly wrenched my arms out of their sockets, a 38 inch female Chinook salmon, my very first!

Mark-chinook-salmon_9-24-12_zpsa469e0b3.jpg

BTW....guess what I'm having for dinner? :lol:

that fish makes you look like a tiny person!

congrats dude!!! gunna be some goooooood eats :D

that fish makes you look like a tiny person!

congrats dude!!! gunna be some goooooood eats :D

Thank, yeah, I'm not very tall, but I'm tall enough, and I literally had to drag that fish back to the car...is was nearly as long as my trunk is wide!

Got enough meat out of it that it could feed my parents and I for nearly a week if we ate it every night.

nice fish but kings don't belong in new york, send it back here where it belongs lol

Great catch! Enjoy your birthday dinner.

Wow! Now that is a fish!

good Lord!
fishing outside the nuclear power plant again?

Holy..... Nice fish. Did you get a weight before slicing her up, she's massive!

Nice catch and Happy Birthday!

What a beautiful fish... Hope it tastes great! Yummy :drool:

Sweet catch! Even from Southeast Alaska I gotta say that's a good sized one.

A little confused though, where'd you catch it? :scratch: East coast?

Sweet catch! Even from Southeast Alaska I gotta say that's a good sized one.

A little confused though, where'd you catch it? :scratch: East coast?

Yes, one of the many introduced species in lake ontario.

Hey the salmon that a released into the Salmon river are stocked by the Fish Hatchory... It a site to them them stacked up in the ladders come mid October!

Back