Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hopeful Hybrids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butterwort x Venus Flytrap hehehehehehheheh.......

but seriously, i want a bical x hamata. i can just imagine hamatas peristome spikes continuing onto the bical fangs( which are an outgrowth of the peristome) giving them a serrated look! AWESOME!

on the less deadly-looking end of the nep scale, i want a khasiana x jaquelinae. easy to grow, with an exotic funnel shape. alata x jaquelinae might be easier to make, and look quite simmilar.

i still want a khasi x jaq though... its just one of those hybrid ideas that you just randomly dream up one day, and they just float around in your head forever 'till ya get one. and if its impossible, then it just stays in your head forever. anyone else on here ever had an idea like that? (i actually have far too many to post, but i will post several more in additional posts, after a couple others have had there turn, to avoid one post that is just a GIANT WALL OF TEXT(like this one!), or a QUADRUPLE POST!)

same with this other hybrid, just dreamed it up, wanted one ever since. Ping. lutea x laueana, which is probably impossible. i imagine it with slightly pinkish leaves, and a beautiful bearded orange flower. perhaps someone can someday find a way to make a similar looking hybrid? (it still wouldnt be the same to me, though. i just randomly thought of this hybrid one day, and i have wanted it to be a reality ever since)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarracenia_X View Post
    Butterwort x Venus Flytrap hehehehehehheheh.......

but seriously, i want a bical x hamata. i can just imagine hamatas peristome spikes continuing onto the bical fangs( which are an outgrowth of the peristome) giving them a serrated look! AWESOME!

on the less deadly-looking end of the nep scale, i want a khasiana x jaquelinae. easy to grow, with an exotic funnel shape. alata x jaquelinae might be easier to make, and look quite simmilar.

i still want a khasi x jaq though... its just one of those hybrid ideas that you just randomly dream up one day, and they just float around in your head forever 'till ya get one. and if its impossible, then it just stays in your head forever. anyone else on here ever had an idea like that? (i actually have far too many to post, but i will post several more in additional posts, after a couple others have had there turn, to avoid one post that is just a GIANT WALL OF TEXT(like this one!), or a QUADRUPLE POST!)

same with this other hybrid, just dreamed it up, wanted one ever since. Ping. lutea x laueana, which is probably impossible. i imagine it with slightly pinkish leaves, and a beautiful bearded orange flower. perhaps someone can someday find a way to make a similar looking hybrid? (it still wouldnt be the same to me, though. i just randomly thought of this hybrid one day, and i have wanted it to be a reality ever since)
    Well, we have a female khasiana at Meadowview, so if we could get jac. pollen we could make it happen.

I know what you mean about the ideas that stick in your head. I'm determined to make N. lavicola x northiana happen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's that time again eh... haha I think I've made this thread twice. But I still condone this thread.

Anyway to contribute, look at my signature!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love sib hybrids so my dream hybrid would probably be sib x rajah. Another would be sib x villosa!
    -Arthur

Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. mirabilis var. echinostoma x Lowland Truncata.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulJ69 View Post
    N. mirabilis var. echinostoma x N. edwardsiana
    That would be sick!
    Your momma!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope to see these some day:

D. filiformis "Florida red" x intermedia "Cuba/tropical" (Tropical D. x hybrida)
    D. intermedia "Cuba/tropical" x rotundifolia 'Charles Darwin' (Tropical D. x beleziana)
    D. rotundifolia x oblanceolata
    D. hybrida x rotundifolia
    D. filiformis "Forida red" x anglica "tropical" (Tropical D. x "anfil")

and ones that aren't possible that would be cool. . .

D. prolifera x rotundifolia
    D. rotundifolia x burmannii
    D. rupicola x anglica
    D. graomogolensis x filformis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought of another one that could actually work: D. spatulata 'Kanto' x oblanceolata

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast