What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hopeful Hybrids

N. mirabilis var. echinostoma x Lowland Truncata.

I hope to see these some day:

D. filiformis "Florida red" x intermedia "Cuba/tropical" (Tropical D. x hybrida)
D. intermedia "Cuba/tropical" x rotundifolia 'Charles Darwin' (Tropical D. x beleziana)
D. rotundifolia x oblanceolata
D. hybrida x rotundifolia
D. filiformis "Forida red" x anglica "tropical" (Tropical D. x "anfil")

and ones that aren't possible that would be cool. . .

D. prolifera x rotundifolia
D. rotundifolia x burmannii
D. rupicola x anglica
D. graomogolensis x filformis

:-D

Thought of another one that could actually work: D. spatulata 'Kanto' x oblanceolata

Sounds neat.

Another one I tried making earlier this year without success was D. spatulata var. bakoensis x rotundifolia, which would make a miniature D. tokaiensis. (Hopefully) You could also make a miniature D. x "Watari" by crossing it with anglica tropical.

N. Truncata x Edwardsiana sounds cool. Hopefully i'll still be alive when this hybrid is created...

Don't worry, Im sure you'll be alive when that comes out ;) EP has already begun experimenting with Edwardsiana crosses but none of them have germinated.

A cool one I'd like to see would be N. Rajah X Merrillana or N. edwardsiana X Clipatea <--- :drool: Another one I am dying to see made is N. Xpredator X tenuis which I should have seeds from soon from a pollen transfer back in April. Lets hope they germinate!!

Another one I'd like to see is N. rajah x clipeata. It could probably be grown in any condition and the colors, shape, and peltateness would be insane!

N. glabrata (burbidgeae x vogelii)

Drosera Regia x occidentalis var. australis!

who knows what that would look like!?!

:lol:

Back