What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gotta love springtime. And birds keep messing up my VFT bowl. In the spring they go after the moss in the pot. Other times they want to bury peanuts that people feed them. And then the crows want to dig up those peanuts. Bamboo skewers with the pointy ends out keep the crows away. I removed all the sphagnum moss so no temptations there. I covered the pot with screening for awhile to keep the smaller peanut planters out.

NAN the problems I have with birds... that was the worst one but every spring I put up a bird net to stop them eating the flower spikes... here is a pic of it. I never seem to be able to make it high enough...

IMG_4690_zps7d807542.jpg

S. 'Umlauftiana' new leaf.

IMG_4689_zpsda2e84d6.jpg

Dionaea 'big vigorous'

IMG_4702_zpsd889e5bf.jpg

Got some more for u people!:-D

Dionaea 'cup trap'

IMG_0005.jpg

A nice big leaf on my 'big vigorous'

IMG_0009.jpg

'sawtooth'

IMG_0008.jpg

Some nice spag...

IMG_0007.jpg

D. californica

IMG_0006.jpg

S. 'Umlauftiana'

IMG_0010.jpg

Sarra sprouts!!!!!!

IMG_0011.jpg

S. flava var. flava

IMG_0013.jpg

D. coccicaulis “albino form”

IMG_0014.jpg

Prey!

IMG_0015.jpg

Ahhh, Stephen, how I envy you the fact that you are just heading into spring while we are well into our rainy season here. For the next five months, we won't see the sun but once every seven to ten days!
Your plants look very happy, kudos!

best part of growing indoors haha. it is sunny everyday under the lights :p

nice looking plants, the sawtooths are looking beastly already!

Yeah, the sawtooths are looking better every day!

Great plants, I am now jealous of your climate. We just got our first snow last night, and my plants are fully covered.

D. filiformis

IMG_0008.jpg

D. binata var. dichotoma f. giant

IMG_0006.jpg

S. rubra ssp. gulfensis x 'Umlauftiana' starting to show some color and veins. :)

IMG_0005.jpg

More sarra sprouts!

IMG_0003.jpg

S. flava var. flava flowers.

IMG_0002.jpg

S. x mitchelliana x purpurea nearly open!

IMG_0001.jpg

getting bigger...D. lusitanicum

IMG_0001.jpg

S. 'Evedine'? flower

IMG_0002.jpg

U. bisquamata

IMG_0005-1.jpg

interesting variation

IMG_0006-1.jpg

More coming soon. :)

Jeez, all I have is a white bisquamata. I need those purple forms!

The D. lusitanicum looks fantastic! what is your mixture? I haven't attempted growing drosophyllum lusitanicum and it seems like a nice addition to have in cultivation.
That U. bisquamata with purple and yellow is beautiful, where did you get it from? I would love to get seeds of this variety if you have any. I have the white form, the most common one that you can barely see the flower. I can tell this variety has much larger flowers.

Nice photos!

Sorry I am in Australia so I can't send u any seed, otherwise i would.:-( It is a weed in my collection - that pot of flowers is supposed to be some D. filiformis “all red” seedlings! See a flower spike in this pic...

IMG_4492_zps0857796f.jpg

I will dig that compost mix out of the bottom of a pile of paper and post it here as soon as I find it.

Here is the mix:

gravel,sand potting mix ( with no hydrating granyles), orchid bark and peat moss in equal parts.

It is worth mentioning that I have heard from some people on here that mixes with peat are not the best so have a look around for some others and find the best for you.

These S. 'Evedine' leaves are the biggest I have ever seen them!

IMG_0007-1.jpg

It's getting bigger!

IMG_0008-1.jpg

A funny pic of D. adelae

IMG_0009-1.jpg

Inside S. x courtii.

IMG_0004.jpg

S. minor var. okefenokeensis

IMG_0006-1.jpg

Hehehe...

IMG_0007.jpg

D. 'Akai Ryu'

IMG_0008-1.jpg

Whaaaat? :lol:

IMG_0009.jpg

It was a S. 'Evedine' flower...

IMG_0010.jpg

Spag...

IMG_0011.jpg

U. bisquamata

IMG_0013.jpg

A D. filiformis ssp. filiformis flower is starting to grow.

IMG_0015.jpg

Mmmmmmmm! D. capensis f. typical

IMG_0016.jpg

Worms! Worms! Phew it is only a bearded iris!

IMG_0017.jpg

Drosophyllum

IMG_0018.jpg

N. sanguinea upper

IMG_4777.jpg

intermediate

IMG_4778.jpg

lower

IMG_4781.jpg

Drosophyllum

IMG_4782.jpg

My D. binata forms are making lots of double leaves!

IMG_4784.jpg

IMG_4786.jpg

U. dichotoma

IMG_4788.jpg

Dionaea 'Akai Ryu'

IMG_4789.jpg

Ahh spring in the Great Down Under! Collection looks gorgeous! Keep it coming :-O

Grerat pics, loving the color on the sanguinea (though with it having a noticeable pattern, it makes me wonder if it might not be one of those common sang x ramispina hybrids?).

Grerat pics, loving the color on the sanguinea (though with it having a noticeable pattern, it makes me wonder if it might not be one of those common sang x ramispina hybrids?).

Got no idea if is is a sang x ramispina hybrid. As I don't know much about neps any better information about it's real id is welcome!

Back