What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool Little CP

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date
Wait a minute.... your post changed....
So you got a mSR? Not the mSR X I hope.
That's a great bird. You'll have lots of fun with that.

I remember when I bought my Nano CPx, it was so much touchier then the mCP X. So I tamed the settings down.
It did not take long for me to return the settings to a responsive rocket. Now when I fly the Nano and go to the mCP X, the mCP X feels really sluggish. LOL

It wont be too long before you change your ball links to the more responsive settings. :-O

Last edited:
I didn't change my post ??? it's the mSR no X the one WITH a flybar. In order to change the touchy setting you press down on the right stick to make the power light flash... I don't know what you're talking about changing ball links. :p

Don't ask me what I was reading.... thought there was a link to a Tower Hobbies page with Heli-Max 100 before.... ??? ???

Correct about the standard controller and the right stick to tame the controls.
When you're better and not pressing the right stick, look at the manual. Adjusting the ball links makes the cyclic respond faster for an even more agile bird.....

Interesting....
Not sure if you know this; The original mSR was discontinued. They have since brought it back. Just took at look at the new instruction manual and mentions nothing about the different control ball link adjustments.
On the swashplate there are 4 control ball. The old one had 2 short control balls which out of the box the links where attached to these. The other 2 where longer. When you wanted a more responsive heli you popped the links off the short control arms and moved them to the long control arms.
Here's a link for the 120SR manual and it shows the advance swashplate settings on page 13.
http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/Files/BLH3100-Manual.pdf

Seems a little strange that they took this feature away. The mSR was a blast flying in the advance setting.

Ohhh way back when I woke up this topic (last post page 1 date 1-18-13) I was asking about that one because it was on sale. Then you set me straight on a "flight plan" :p and so I started on suggestion one. =)

Hmm, maybe they just made it so the advanced setting on the controller made up for that. *shrug* All I know is if I go full tilt in any direction (including rotating) it goes way too fast for me to keep track of for long. I quick side steer and I can come back, a really fast blur of a spin and I can stop fine, but much more than that and I start over correcting and it becomes a vicious oval type thing. :p

That said, in standard hover position it seems to drift in one direction then back, all on it's own like I am rocking stick one way then the other... It never just sits still. I never had that problem with my coaxils, is that normal or is something up?

PS- yes, the heli has that 4 peg swashplate and it is set currently to the shorter ones. Scary (now) but thanks for the tip (later!)

So it still does have a longer and shorter set on the swash plate. Funny they mention nothing in the manual about it.

It should hover pretty stable.
The dreaded Toilet Bowl Effect. Causes, are usually crashes.
Somethings to look out for;
- flybar not bent.
- Make sure you have play in your rotor blades. They should be somewhat loose. If you straighten the blades out and put the heli on its side and lightly shake, the blades should swing towards the ground.
- Watch the main gear doesn't slip on the main shaft. If you pull / push lightly on the rotor head you should not have any slop.
- Did your kit come with a weird looking C shaped red tool? This slides on the rotor head. The swash plate can separate from crashes. This especially and the gear where the main things that happened to mine. You may want to Google using the tool as I seem to recall almost no info in the manual how to use it and it's not really clear just looking at it.
Here you go;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ddN5jDo52w

Haven't crashed it yet, per-say. :p
flybar is good
rotor blades fall without even having to shake it
no slop from gear
swashplate is where it needs to be, thanks for that video though! Will definitely help in the future I'm sure.

Well, I found all types of posts talking about lubing the balls and cutting off guides, I tried lubing and it still has the issue. I'm going to contact blade about the TBE before I go cutting pieces off. :p

Toilet bowl effect is a mechanical issue not a electronic issue. You need to consider replacing the flybar and flybar paddles. You need to replace also the linkages to the head and the anti-rotation collar.

So, they want me to use the spare flybar/paddles and linkages and to go buy anti-rotation collar to see if it solves the issue. ???

I was going to ask how you made out.
How about you change the flybar and linkage, and they send you a new anti-rotation collar.....

Hopefully you will get it figured out and have a smooth flying machine.
If it's not that bad and only noticeable while hovering, it should not be much of an issue. Once you get confident with the heli, you'll be buzzing all around and not hovering at all anyway.... right? LOL

Anyway I took some better video of me flipping my mCP X.....
I can usually flip the heli over and hold it very tight in one spot. It was a little breezy which did not help, but I think the biggest issue was knowing I was recording and trying to keep it in a specific spot, made my fingers extra twitchy... I was all over the place trying to record this....

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hchl2yliaR0?list=UUBvnH2eaWE4x44C6b7Jhjng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It wont be too long before you want to get a CP heli and start flipping... LOL

Nice man! good progress =)

Back