Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cool Little CP

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I remember reading on that heli, it's a good one.

Haven't been out too much this year with my R/C stuff. Been itching to get out and fly though.....whitewater kayaking too much. LOL
    Last weekend ran my first class IV water.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elgecko View Post
    Last weekend ran my first class IV water.
    Wow! Congrats. What river (Yough)?
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ron.
    I wanted to do the Lower Yough earlier this year.
    The club was having a first timers down the Yough, so there would have been lots of support, but my wife's sister was in from CA. I was not able to go.

Stonycreek River was the one I paddled last Saturday and Sunday. It was a blast and will be heading back soon.
    http://www.thestonycreek.com/rapids.shtml

My dry top and dry pants came today so I'm ready year round now.

Want to plan a Pine Barren Trip yet this year?

How about a little video of some surfing and goofing off. (Friend in green/black boat)
    Last edited by elgecko; 09-13-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dang, that looks kinda rough... Nice work! Cool too that you're now set up for year round.

I flew it for about half a battery worth, had to have it on easy to start it was kinda touchy. On easy it was totally maneuverable but if it catches a drift of AC it's gone... Not enough control to bring it in... So I'll have to move up quickly. But seems like an alright little thing. My co-axil maneuvers about the same on hard so I should be able to get it...
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait a minute.... your post changed....
    So you got a mSR? Not the mSR X I hope.
    That's a great bird. You'll have lots of fun with that.

I remember when I bought my Nano CPx, it was so much touchier then the mCP X. So I tamed the settings down.
    It did not take long for me to return the settings to a responsive rocket. Now when I fly the Nano and go to the mCP X, the mCP X feels really sluggish. LOL

It wont be too long before you change your ball links to the more responsive settings.
    Last edited by elgecko; 09-16-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: ???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't change my post it's the mSR no X the one WITH a flybar. In order to change the touchy setting you press down on the right stick to make the power light flash... I don't know what you're talking about changing ball links.
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't ask me what I was reading.... thought there was a link to a Tower Hobbies page with Heli-Max 100 before....

Correct about the standard controller and the right stick to tame the controls.
    When you're better and not pressing the right stick, look at the manual. Adjusting the ball links makes the cyclic respond faster for an even more agile bird.....

Interesting....
    Not sure if you know this; The original mSR was discontinued. They have since brought it back. Just took at look at the new instruction manual and mentions nothing about the different control ball link adjustments.
    On the swashplate there are 4 control ball. The old one had 2 short control balls which out of the box the links where attached to these. The other 2 where longer. When you wanted a more responsive heli you popped the links off the short control arms and moved them to the long control arms.
    Here's a link for the 120SR manual and it shows the advance swashplate settings on page 13.
    http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/F...100-Manual.pdf

Seems a little strange that they took this feature away. The mSR was a blast flying in the advance setting.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ohhh way back when I woke up this topic (last post page 1 date 1-18-13) I was asking about that one because it was on sale. Then you set me straight on a "flight plan" and so I started on suggestion one. =)

Hmm, maybe they just made it so the advanced setting on the controller made up for that. *shrug* All I know is if I go full tilt in any direction (including rotating) it goes way too fast for me to keep track of for long. I quick side steer and I can come back, a really fast blur of a spin and I can stop fine, but much more than that and I start over correcting and it becomes a vicious oval type thing.

That said, in standard hover position it seems to drift in one direction then back, all on it's own like I am rocking stick one way then the other... It never just sits still. I never had that problem with my coaxils, is that normal or is something up?
    -Andrew

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast