What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

woohoooo! looks like a christmas present in the seocnd to last pic XD

love your setup :D

I just looked, it's down to 66 degrees. Woo hoo, it's working!

Moar updates. :D

I was up early, and caught the thermometer reading 62 degrees. Success! All of the plants I moved into the terra. are doing very well and are plumping up. The humidity is still hovering between 85 and 95 percent.

001-4.jpg

I got some water lettuce, and I put it in the bottom of terra., for now. It looks nice.

002-4.jpg

U. quelchii

011-3.jpg

N. truncata Paisan HL

003-5.jpg

H. pulchella Akopan Tepui

004-3.jpg

N. spectabilis giant x aristolochioides

023-3.jpg

026-3.jpg

022-2.jpg

005-5.jpg

009-4.jpg

Updates!

324-1.jpg

325-1.jpg

329-1.jpg

U. longifolia on the branch, tucked under live Sphagnum.

327.jpg

N. "Gothica" leaning against the branch.

326-1.jpg

U. quelchii has hardly moved.

331.jpg

H. pulchella looking good.

330.jpg

Just.

For.

ToG. :D

A Burbeddy. N. burbidgae x edwardsiana
328-1.jpg

Looks great , Lil! Burbeddy looks happy. Keep up the good work, and you might yourself some new pitchers from it soon :D

great work Lil..can't wait to see some blooming orchids in there

Yep, those photos are already outdated. The D. sulcatum is still in the same spot, but I added a way-too-large D. obtusepalum and a piece of a NOID nobile Dendro to the back. I need to give it a pot soon-ish.

.. so love the water lettuce underneath. You're truly an artist..

That reflective background is mesmerizing. Gonna have some psychedelic cp's pretty soon here.

LOL! I wanted Mylar, and that's what I had on hand. Well, and I love holographic stuff. :-O

Wow this is a really good start for your terrarium, already such a nice selection of plants. The U. quelchii looks so healthy, congrats.

Keep up the great growing.

Everything looks great Katie! I really dig the spect x arit.

I got a huge batch of various Sphagnum species from a friend yesterday. I made little shelves in the terrarium and stuck the moss on top. I'll have to swap the light fixtures to a better flood so that the light gets spread better, and it goes onto the moss. Here are some favorites.

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-5.jpg

005-7.jpg

007-3.jpg

Any mossy-thing experts? There are two strands of this green ribbon. Any clue what it is? I'd love to cultivate it and make more.

008-4.jpg

6/30/13 Update to add some background information.

This post was made the day after I lost my dear husband and soul companion. I was still in shock, and did not mention this at all in the post. Read up some here here: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?132786-Very-sad-day The plants will start to suffer as I struggle to retain sanity and some semblance of control.

Unable to afford even the gas to get to the hardware store, I used what was on hand when the flood light burned out, a CFL. For anyone that wants to know if a CFL will work: It won't. Trust me.

Last edited:
your terrarium kicks some serious butt! :D i love it

Psychadellic! I love it Lil!

DAT SPHAG! :drool:

I can't keep the stupid hooks stuck, so while I think of something, the moss racks will be down, resting on pots. What a mess.

I got a Masdavalia today, and I stuck it right away into the terra. I think it's full now, pretty much. :lol:

I'm too lazy to go read the tag, so I'll just call it an orange Masda. with purple hairs. :p

024-5.jpg

025-3.jpg

021-5.jpg

oh wow.. the new orchid is wild.
Your space is really coming together hun. :glomp:

Thank ya, thank ya. :hug: I really should go to the hardware store and FIX the moss shelves. I'll also try to find a slightly higher wattage bulb.

Looks like paradise. Great job, Lil! :grin:

Conditions must be ideal for the moss to look that nice. And I'm not sure about anyone else, but that kaleidoscopic wrapping paper makes me feel like I'm trapped in a time warp.

Back