What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh wow! you have some really nice plants going! I'm loving that veitchii x platy.

Awesome! I'll message you about the pollen!

looking good mah dear! Congrats on the tranny flower.. (since all LADY Pauline's are male)

N. "Gothica" is coloring up:

N. spatulata x ovata:

N. ventricosa popped another biggie:

Go ahead, drool. I ahve wipes. N. platychila x veitchii: That pitcher is about as long as my hand.

I brought back my Juncus effusius from the plant sitter. He hates how weedy they get. I don't mind. :water:

I got a couple gorgeous Cryptanthus "Elaine" off of fleabay. Wowie!

Are you kidding me? See the flower stalk to the left of the growing point? Look at the shadow in the next leaf. Geeze! I checked, this cutting is very well rooted, and eager to bloom!

Looks like your male lady has some 'deep rooted' issues it needs to work out you see what i did there ha ha ha. I think i have issues lol love your plants stinky.

Ace, yeah, you got issues. :p

I'm really starting to like that platychila hybrid. When I bought it it was a funky darker green with a few purple speckles. I passed originally, until Josh pointed out the parents. I snagged it for being a cross between two favorites. Good choice. :awesome:

N. "Gothica" is coloring up:

N. spatulata x ovata:

N. ventricosa popped another biggie:

Go ahead, drool. I ahve wipes. N. platychila x veitchii: That pitcher is about as long as my hand.

I brought back my Juncus effusius from the plant sitter. He hates how weedy they get. I don't mind. :water:

I got a couple gorgeous Cryptanthus "Elaine" off of fleabay. Wowie!

Are you kidding me? See the flower stalk to the left of the growing point? Look at the shadow in the next leaf. Geeze! I checked, this cutting is very well rooted, and eager to bloom!

!!

That spiral plant is just amazing, its a fast grower ?!

Juncus can get weedy VERY fast. Keep it separate from everything else, don't plant it in the same pot as CPs. It's a sedge, just extra curly. :lol:

Here's the Cryptanthus with dry leaves. Much prettier.

Another Cryptanthus followed me home....

N. ramispina, the 2000th photo from my camera. Woot!

N. albomarginata red:

N. "Gothica" coloring up:

Are you kidding me? N. "Lady Pauline" was supposed to be male:

Things are looking good. Due to the water conditions around here, I'm forced to use distilled, like everyone else. :p But the plants are responding very well, and even the Sphagnum is coming back.

Left to right, HL side, then LL side. Yep, I'm having a little bit of a sunburn issue in the LL side. Bunch of pansies!

N. 'Morganiana' grew right out the top!

I like the way the center looks on D. paradoxica. Thanks again, Mach!

N. albomarginata again. It's really pretty.

N. ampullaria harlequin

Vanilla planifolia has been telling me it's happy. Here's on of it's little love notes:

N. hamata x platychila showing it's hammy heritage

N. veitchii Hose Mtns

N. robcantleyii

Waaayyyy in the back, N. vogelii

Something's in the Sphag....

N. ramispina, N. hamata x platychila in back

The color on that albo is ridiculous! It almost looks like you painted it....

Doesn't it? It looks dyed in real life.

More plants are starting to pitcher with more enthusiasm, and are looking pretty darned good.

N. vogellii

N. gtruncata Paisan HL. This one's gonna be a looker!

Dark chocolate N. robcantleyii

N. sp. Trang (or something like that) and N. mirabilis (maybe)

Fangs!

N. aristolochioides x spectabilis giant

N. spatulata x ovata

N. ramispina

N. itsnotgracillima

Uhmmmmm........ Oooops.

A new favorite orchid that never stopped blooming out of the box: Pleurothallis ornata. Fascinating little 1/4" flowers with tassels!

Everything's looking really great! Nice setup.

Its odd my N. spectabilis x aristolochioides also ended up making that weird variegated patterning on its pitchers as well.

That reverse wing flare pattern on the N. aristolochioides x spectabilis giant is fantastic! Thank you for the new desktop background. :hug:

The bleaching out of the pattern definitely is cool, I've got that happening on a spectabilis "giant" pitcher that sits right up against the pot. One side is normal, the other side... totally green.

I thought that you guys would like that one. I'll see if I can get better shots of it. It sure is pretty. I also have a nice, fat albomarginata pitcher and a brand new bicalcarata pitcher to show off. ;)

Lookin' great Katie. Any chances that the "itsnotgracillima" could be N.alba ? Looks mighty alba-esque to me.

That's what Damon thought. A mini alba, perhaps. It's always tiiiiny, and all the albas I've seen are HUGE.

hey lil,

interesting read and love the fit and finish.

question how are you growing lowlanders and highlanders in 1 terrarium? it mentions a lowland side so Im guessing its the use of your hL equipment with a heater on the LL side? or u use separate foggers etc? does the divider go all the way to the bottom. That's pretty neat. kudos!

Back