Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Story of the name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not creativein account names usualy
    my friend siad i must make this account and so i thought of my favorite nepenthes. it was his fault that got me here even though i already like cps(i have been growing them since i was 5 mostly sarrs and drosera like spatulata and ones like that)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea

richjam1986 is not very immaginative, but I like the resultig affect. It come from my first and middle names, shortened (Richard James -->richjam) and my birthyear.

But Rich jam just sounds, well, yummy
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i was a wee tyke, my sisters used to call me Pibi (pronounced "peebee"). It was a childish modification of my real name, Pablo. As i grew up they still called me Pibi on occasion. One day when i was in highschool, my friend Bruce (Beef Ears) overheard this and modified it into Pebes. It became a nickname.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine's just like half the people here: first initial, last name. Now, the explanation for avatars, well, that's a bit more interesting....
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot mine is somewhat less than innocent. :\ When I was a stupid teenager I abused drugs heavily and went by the alias of Dexing this or dexing that, as it is the prefix of a drug I abused at the time. I used it on so many forums that Dex became my name throughout the intrawebs. I am not a stupid teenager anymore and drugs are long behind me but I do still like the tag Dex so as I switched my focus from narcotics back to exotics I just combined it with my favorite genus of plant and whala! Dexenthes.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought it might be good to bump this thread in case others have stories they'd like to tell, and for those who haven't seen the previous posts. I have enjoyed them all. I'd be interested in hearing any avatar stories as well.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My current avatar hardly need explaining. My first regatta sailing solo in Monterey Bay. I'll haveto tell the tale of how the day ended some day.

My UID was explained on the first page. Starting to get my spark back, thank goodness!
    Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; 07-21-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Whoops. Explained wrong avatar.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmmm, how about expanding on user statuses and the more obscure signature lines?

My user status (above the avatar) is pretty easy. A greenhorn, FWIW, was a rookie gold miner. It is now used to describe a rookie for almost anything.

My signature is hardly obscure at the moment. If you want to know what the WWWs are, click. It'll self explain.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast