Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Story of the name

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is easy, Phalaenopsis chibae is my favorite orchid. My avatar is just a fav pic that I took.
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I high school I worked at a restaurant and one of the cooks was a US Navy man. There they called the dishwashers Pearldivers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was in either 8th or 9th grade, I was in the town library setting up my very first e-mail account, and was struggling to think of a name. I started looking around and near me was a cart with books that needed to be put back on the shelves. One of the titles was Zathura, and I thought, "hey, that sounds pretty neat!"

It was years before I actually saw the movie (nevermind reading the book) and realized it was just sci-fi themed Jumanji.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is fairly standard; the name of the first dog I had. Hence, katya_dog1.
    Sarracenia Addicted... Lover of all toothed Nepenthes.
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. ~ The Second Amendment

Keep it that way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First initial combined with last name, respelled as one word. It's become sort of a nickname in its own right with the people I've met from this and other forums.
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Original name, back in 2001, was from my French-Canadian friend when I was making an account for him on another site, to try to get him to play. Turns out that name is apparently an inappropriate phrase. To this day I will sometimes log into that account and find upset messages from someone calling me out as "REAL mature" because of the account name.

At some point a few years after that I pared it down to Est for ease and to prevent those kinds of interactions. haha Plus, having a first and last name that sum to 17 characters, a three letter name is pretty appealing.

My avatar is Maxx a homeless man / "superhero" from The Maxx, a comic series from the '90s.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually dont like my screen name, and wish I hadnt used it..but its too late now!

20 years ago, 1995, I was 25 years old and in a band named "Johnny Chaos"..
    We played for 5 years, 1995 to 2000, all over Rochester NY.

The internet came along during that time, I got my first computer, and started joining internet forums..
    I needed a screen name..my first name is Scot, im in a band named Johnny Chaos = scottychaos.
    I guess it thought it was mildly clever at the time, didnt think about it too deeply honestly!
    now..20 years later, im 45 years old, and I think its kind of lame and cheesy..but there it is!

Its also forever intertwined into the url's of my webpages:
    Scot's Train Pages
    *sigh*

Scot
    Last edited by scottychaos; 12-20-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Greetings from the netherworld. curtisconners's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My profile is named after the marvel character, Curt Connors and my gecko Dr. Connors (also named after curt) to a lesser extent. Unfortunately, I messed it up and put Curtis instead of curt, but I don't mind. For those of you who don't know, Curt Connors became the lizard in Spider-Man.
    The profile pic that you see above is my actual photo. I am a hyper-intelligent snake that has learned to use the internet and I will eventually rule you all.

Just kidding..... Or am I?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast