What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frankenstorm

may i ask what the heck you are talking about? lol

60289_10151047115726184_1461890987_n.jpg

Te-hehehehehehehe* Be safe yall!

Was wondering how you where making out Ron. Hope all goes well with you and anyone in the trek of this storm.

The winds here have really picked up in the last hour, with the worst hitting late tonight, early tomorrow....

I have tried to prepare for the worst. Have several gallons of water stored up. Re-chargeable batteries all ready to go, a few flashlights around. Lots of can goods and other food that can be prepared without electric. Freezer is full of ice, so hopefully the power is not out too long and the added ice helps to save the food in there.

Last edited:
And im sitting here in perfect weather, cloudless skies with lots of sun :D

I hope you guys make it out OK! To be honest I'm pretty jealous as I've always wanted to experience some hurricane force winds and serious rain (wouldn't matter because I live on a hill LOL!). Hopefully us Californians will get off our sunny summer weather binge soon and see nature at it's best! :awesome:

I'M SO CLOSE TO THE EYE!!! The winds are ridiculous.

you do realize these events cost us millions of dollars right? lol

The side walk is 1.5' under water, and the sidewalk is 3' above the pier, which is 4' above the normal water level.
D5302EC5-C71A-4ADB-8C96-7F6BC8D33371-3399-0000021217DF2E54.jpg

A2D01AD3-007C-44ED-AB4A-653B02D51434-3399-000002121C2FA7F5.jpg

wow.....

NJ is a strange place...

My thoughts and prayers are going out to all who are in the path of this storm, be safe.

Every educational institution in MA cancelled classes today... except Williams College. Guess where I go?

Windy as hell here in Upstate NY, my phone service is acting weird, it cut out while I was calling home, but I still have power, though I'm pretty sure my place is missing siding/shingles.

Best of luck to all you east-coasters.. Hang in there, guys! :)

Back