Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Frankenstorm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankenstorm

I suspect that most of the people in the country are rather sick of hearing about the storm already. Otoh, those of us sitting within it's crosshairs remain interested. Last night, at halftime of the Peyton crushes NO exhibition, there was a great graphic showing the storm's predicted path. It showed the storm taking a wicked left turn to smash into the NJ & lower NY areas. Of course it got my attention because 1) we were either in that path (or just north of it - the worst side) & 2) with all the hype (storm of century, worst storm ever, etc) - I kinda figured that it would peter out and be a big joke. Hmmmm - maybe not.

Here's a current screenshot from some guy explaining what's going on. We're well inland (just below the lowest part of the blue weather-front-thingy) - so - far away from storm surge stuff but not from rain/wind. We're at least 30 minutes away from the major population centers in NYC & along the eastern side of NJ (ironically - where the storm may be at it's most severe). I suspect Heli will see some impressive stuff and Chibae is underwater ... They're telling us to plan to lose power and that it may be a week before we get it restored (sure hope they're wrong).

Feel free to share maps, pics, stories, updates, etc.....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heli take lots of pictures for us I wanna see Times Square underwater! not really though that would suck.
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now it's just drizzling, but I'm fairly close to you Ron so this should get nasty. I read there should be 20ft waves in the Great Lakes and we can expect 70mph in NYC and Philly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up here we are expected to get some heavy winds and some rain and lose power, but that's all. Though I was reading Colorado Springs news station, who is tracking it on their computer (and predicted it last week and started warning) that it is intensifying considerably.

Me? I'm not worried. I'm not "prepared", but if it hits the fan that big up here I'm just going to leave. The winds expected aren't supposed to be bad enough to knock down trees anyway, so I should be fine.
    My kids only had a half day at school today, and local weather is reporting to have water and supplies on hand. I honestly think we're too far away from all the happening to be THAT concerned.
    USDA Zone 4b
    My Grow List
    There are only 01 types of people, those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I remember 5, maybe 10 years (probably not 15?) ago there was something that plowed through Florida maybe up through Virginia -- up in Vermont we had rain for a couple days it was soo bad. This time? It's not just Florida; this storm took out a Caribbean Island and now it's coming for South Carolina through Maine! Good luck guys.. put your snorkels on from the looks of it. The fact that it's not going to affect the weather patterns in Vermont but that it's actually going to be a weather pattern in Vermont is wicked weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just stopped drizzling. Some serious tree bending outside my window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, we have had 3 days of nonstop rain, but so far, that's about it...we have a home generator, so even if the internet is out, I will still have power.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Supposed to be 80 plus km/h winds tonight, and a lot of rain. Expecting to see downed trees and power lines. Hoping we don't lose power here.

This is a very unusual path. Kinda creeps me out that it is coming so close to Canada (or into Canada as it seems). I guess we aren't in a climate safe zone up here any more. Sigh.

Need to get my camera weather proofed when I get home, to be prepared if the storm is impressive.
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast