User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I totally know what I should do when pitchers form on my nepenthes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh, that's where I put the other comments. Thanks, duoeka. Tea, go browse that thread, "A Couple Pictures".

I wouldn't use miranda, they are too woody. use a pitcher that stays soft, like N. ventrata, ventricosa, alata, mirabilis (and its subs), amp., miranda, etc. Let your fingers tell you.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, thanks! Seems like of the plants I grow, the best would be ventricosa and ventricosa x pectinata for pitcher softness and abundance. Do you only use brand new pitchers? And how about the lids?
    -Arthur

Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found this, sounds like there's several options for cooking rice with nepenthes! Just gotta stock up on pitchers...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polylep...n/photostream/
    -Arthur

Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Older pitchers get woody, and are more likely to catch prey and grow a host of symbiotic mites and other critters. I like to wait for the pitcher to harden up after opening, and when it is fully formed, cut it off, rinse the daylight s out of it, and store it in the freezer until I get a good crop. It is best to rip the lids off; they'll just fall off later, anyways.

Note: the pitchers will be soft after freezing, making them a little harder to stuff without poking holes. Have fun with that!

Quote Originally Posted by dueoka View Post
    Just found this, sounds like there's several options for cooking rice with nepenthes! Just gotta stock up on pitchers...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polylep...n/photostream/

Hmmm, I should try adding black rice next time. That would add visual interest.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12