What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divaskid's Plants

Very impressive set-up! I can't wait to see this... The wheels are spinning already. I will be is soooooo much more trouble with my wife.....

Thanks for sharing!

Very impressive set-up! I can't wait to see this... The wheels are spinning already. I will be is soooooo much more trouble with my wife.....

Thanks for sharing!

Hahaha :)
Hmmm maybe you can convince her that it'll look like there's less plants because they'll be hidden in a nice box?!?

loving that new highland chamber,hope it performs well for you

Thanks corky! I hope so too! :) So far so good....

Yes, the AC plugs directly into the controller and basically acts like an on and off switch for the AC. It plugs into the socket on the front of the controller. You can see the socket in my first picture (I just unplugged the AC so you could see it).

To bypass the ACs thermostat, the AC is set always on the "on" position and on the coldest temperature on the AC, that way it never turns off on its own. The controller turns it on when it senses it's too hot and once it reaches your set temp on the controller it'll turn it back off again.

As for the drainage, I have a drain at the bottom in a corner. The tank isn't level so that it'll drain towards this corner. Right now the plants are just sitting on the floor but I think I might raise them up off the ground in the future.

If you and your dad ever want to come over to check it out and see it in person, you're more than welcome to. Sometimes seeing it in person makes a big difference ;)

Wow,that thermostat is pretty handy. Also, I'm considering coating the bottom of mine with rubber (with a drain of course). Do you think that's necessary? Hopefully if all goes well, I can start building this weekend. I may have to take you up on that offer sometime, your place looks pretty amazing!

I coated the whole inside of mine with rubber type stuff (sorry can't think of what it is at the moment). I think it's good to do since it helps with the insulation (covers up all the tiny cracks) and also to keeps the wood from rotting since there's water in it constantly. This is why the inside is red, it's the stuff I used to coat it.

I'll try to find the bucket to see what it's called....

A few flowers to start off with…

Newly opened maxima is looking quite chocolatey

Its a much bigger pitcher than the last one!

Haven't had this guy pitcher in forever! So glad to see a few coming out :)

So exited for this one...

And last but not least….

That eustachya has an awesome shape to it!

I love that Maxima. If only it had a chocolate fondue inside of it, it would lure ME in!

I love that Maxima. If only it had a chocolate fondue inside of it, it would lure ME in!

You and me both!

That eustachya has an awesome shape to it!

I agree! It doesn't seem to be a popular species but I think its awesome looking.

A few pics from today….

Its getting a little crowded :)

Close up before darkening up

Great photos of some Beautiful plants !!!

Some snap shots....

Looks like this one (N. talangensis x robcantleyi) is starting to get a nice peristome. I love the way the colors on it fade from light to dark :)

Last edited:
Thought I'd share a screen shot of what my pics look like before and after I upload them to Photobucket.

SS.jpg

As you can see, uploading to Photobucket seems to change the quality of the pics quite a bit. I think I've decided to officially change over and use a different method. I think and might start a new thread too and start completely fresh. :grin: I'll provide a link to it once I start it.

Very pretty!

Back