Likes Likes:  0
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Divaskid's Plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone

Not a big update this week, but I thought I'd share some good news from the shade house today.....

This guy put out a new leaf and looks like it'll make it. Yay!
    I was a little worried when it arrived because it had a bad trip to Hawaii (going over the Pacific three times due to the Ag department here not doing their job) and was beat up in travel also (squished box). But it looks like its going to pull through. Can't wait until I get my first pitcher!

I also had a cutting that looked like it wasn't going to make it and to my surprise a new growth point under the sphagnum just popped out. Wohoo!

My spectabilis x aristolochioides is putting out a pitcher already. I can't believe how fast its growing considering its been so hot here!

Waiting impatiently for this one to open

I had to post another picture since I'm thoroughly impressed by this hybrid! I don't think any of my pitchers last this long and stay such a nice color.

First pitcher in my care from N. spathulata x robcantleyi. Its such a lime green color it almost looks fake! I think I might move it out from under the big Miranda so it can get more sun.

And just a pretty colored one sitting there asking for me to take its picture
    ~Michelle (AKA Geva or Jennifer)

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see that whisper open either! On of my favs! Not looking for it now, but when I was I found it impossible to find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcal View Post
    Can't wait to see that whisper open either! On of my favs! Not looking for it now, but when I was I found it impossible to find.
    I know, I feel pretty lucky to get one
    Did you ever get one for yourself or did you give it up?

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Sighs* It looks like the end for the N. ventricosa x ephippiata cutting now that it has the Nepenthes Black Death of No Return
    I guess you have to take the good with the bad sometimes...

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am dealing with the exact same problem. After a two week vacation I came back to about a fourth of the cuttings and a few potted plants either wilted (like above) or completely brown. Very mysterious as the plants were very healthy before I left. Suprisingly it only struck plants growing in pure sphagnum. My guess is that they became waterlogged and contracted some sort of rot. Anyone have further insight?
    -Arthur

Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dueoka View Post
    I am dealing with the exact same problem. After a two week vacation I came back to about a fourth of the cuttings and a few potted plants either wilted (like above) or completely brown. Very mysterious as the plants were very healthy before I left. Suprisingly it only struck plants growing in pure sphagnum. My guess is that they became waterlogged and contracted some sort of rot. Anyone have further insight?
    In hindsight, I tend to agree with the water logging situation causing this. This particular cutting got watered more then usual after I fixed one if my little sprinklers. Before I noticed it, it was too wet and already too late.

In regards to your plants this could be the case, but also it has been very hot here the last few weeks! I've found some of my plants have been suffering with the hot weather as well. Did you have your plants watered while you were gone?

Sorry to hear about your plants too! Hopefully it wasn't too great of a loss for you.

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Sorry to hear about your N. ventricosa x ephippiata. 'Guess we all know the feeling of having a prized plant bite the dust. On the other hand your 'St. Hedwig' looks bigger than mine and very healthy.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is a shame N. ventricosa x ephippiata sounds like a really cool cross