Likes Likes:  0
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Divaskid's Plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More pictures

First I must show off the newly opened N. 'Whisper'! It unfortunately opened up towards the pot, but I managed to get a few shots of it anyway.

Curious to see if this new N. talangensis x veitchii pitcher get similar stripes as the last one.

Don't think I've ever posted pics of this one. It makes pitchers like crazy though

So cute!

The St. Pacificus is also a great grower that puts out a bunch a big pitchers. Glad I picked up one of these

~Michelle (AKA Geva or Jennifer)

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great update Michelle,that n.whisper is coming on a treat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    great update Michelle,that n.whisper is coming on a treat
    Thanks! I think its my favorite!

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've been debating and debating for a week now whether to bring my plants inside for Tropical storm Flossie or not. Finally after seeing the pic below I decided, better to be safe than sorry.

Of course now my kitchen looks like this! Anyone else in Hawaii prepping for the storm?

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that looks like our place; orchids, tillandsias, and nepenthes everywhere. Still tons outside though. I reinforced as much of the nursery as I could, so we'll see. The storm is now coming directly at us; hopefully the yurt will survive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambanja View Post
    Yeah, that looks like our place; orchids, tillandsias, and nepenthes everywhere. Still tons outside though. I reinforced as much of the nursery as I could, so we'll see. The storm is now coming directly at us; hopefully the yurt will survive.
    Oh good I'm not the only crazy one! Everyone at my house thinks I'm crazy hahaha

Hope everything holds up for you! I think your island is getting the brunt force of it.
    You live in a yurt?!?

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plants are watered four times daily via an automatic hose timer + sprinkler. My usual mix includes cinder, orchidbark, perlite, and a pinch of coir, very airy and loose. From what I saw I don't believe it was caused by heat. I have definitely been seeing heat stress however, mostly growth tips and new leaves getting very floppy in the noon sun. The only place I use pure sphag is with my cuttings, it tends to become compacted and decay quickly. Generally the cuttings are replanted before this can happen. Surprisingly, all that died had started strong root and leaf growth, newly taken cuttings seemed less affected. I may need to investigate other medias for striking cuttings.

I too am debating whether to move the plants in for the storm. I think I will wait and see how badly it hits the Big Island and Maui before making the call tomorrow. My biggest fear would be debris falling atop them. The last time we had strong winds a loosely attached window screen above fell on them. Luckily it landed right between the benches and only scratched a few leaves. My wishes go out to you Christian and Mach (on Maui)! 12 hours to impact...
    -Arthur

Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck to all of you!m looks like the storm is collapsing

edit: did they really name the storm flossie?