Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Divaskid's Plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its still small as i have not had it that long (and in my conditions neps can be painfully slow) this was before i decided to cook the little guy,dunno how dark it will turn out ,that's just how it was labeled,i hope to get a larger variety and grow it in natural sunlight in a southern window as they seem pretty tough and i hope will cope with low humidity,just because i like posting pics of my plants here is an Ovata pitcher,most have gone brown but its well on the way to producing four more larger ones,pretty excited about that,if you like species its a great one imo
    Last edited by corky; 11-15-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great peristome on the ovata! I also think the coloring on the maxima is really nice. Especially for such a small size.
    I'll post pics of mine once it arrives
    ~Michelle (AKA Geva or Jennifer)

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish there was a way to show how much the nepenthes have grown the past two weeks. They're just going crazy with all this nice winter rain

The spathulata x ovata just opened up! Hasn't colored up yet, but its starting too…

richjam1986, the green reinwardtiana is putting out a huge new pitcher. It doesn't show it justice in the pic, but its a beauty and almost twice the size as the last pitcher. Can't wait to see it open to see if its big enough for eye spots.

Still trying to grow the sphagnum I got from Mass, but I feel like I'm not doing so well. I have a feeling it may just be too warm here? Anyone else growing it well that could offer up some advice?

And last but not least the love bug of my life Nava, she just turned 5 yesterday! In this pic she was wondering when I was going to stop playing in my shade house and play with her instead.

PS Corky, the plants came in yesterday but there wasn't any pitchers to take pictures of. So it'll be month or so before I can post pics of the maxima

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long ago did you get the moss? I've noticed it can take a little while for it to settle in, but after it does, I have multiple strains of sphagnum in numerous pots, all growing very well in everything from 40-95 F temperatures, as long as it's kept really moist.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P. sethos color is looking good.

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    How long ago did you get the moss? I've noticed it can take a little while for it to settle in, but after it does, I have multiple strains of sphagnum in numerous pots, all growing very well in everything from 40-95 F temperatures, as long as it's kept really moist.
    I received it at the beginning of August, so about 4 months ago.
    Does it need to be laying in peat? I noticed some people have theirs just growing on benches.

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spathulata x ovata is looking good,and a waiting game with the maxima (kind of more exciting for you) love the colour on that sethos,i see the secret of your success is masses of ants,my dog can't understand why plants get so much attentionhope Av8tor (butch)does not mind me pointing you in the direction of his spaghnum growing guide http://www.bluegrasscarnivores.com/
    Last edited by corky; 11-17-2013 at 03:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Corky for the info
    Here's an update on the N. spathulata x ovata. It's starting to color up nicely despite it being in the back of the tank where it doesn't get much light.

Teeth

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread