What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divaskid's Plants

very cool with the uv light,nice shots of the pings too

Haven't been outside in a while and was happy to see some happy faces out in the shade house :)

So happy to come outside and finally see pitchers in this one :D It hasn't pitcher in 6 months and then I get these giants!

Gorgeous Miranda Michelle! So underrated IMO..
Can't wait for mine to arrive. Been without one for far too long.
Keep up the good work!

Thanks Mass :) I agree, its highly underrated! Even the pictures don't do justice to the color or size of the pitchers. Plus its so easy to grow. Good luck with yours!

very nice plants!

That N. miranda is truly impressive. I find the ampullaria striking as well.

Everything is looking GREAT!!!

Thanks for sharing!

N "unknown" is turning out to be a nice one! And the lime twist is looking good!

Some good stuff. Neps look great, photography is very vivid. :) Was your Truncata from eBay?

love the N. splendiana x 'Medusa' (bellii x sibuyanensis)
beautiful
and neat video!

Thanks everyone for the compliments :D
I wanted to post an updated pic of the St. Pacificus today now that its opened up. I'm loving the colors on this one. It's harder to see in the pic but it has some really nice yellow color in the peristome.

9B3629AB-212B-49E8-AF7C-0C8124382974-3871-000005C59A3EE324_zps04745b5e.jpg

dueoka: I agree. Its very hairy, squatty and in person its almost a black red color (its appears more red in the pic). I'm starting to get a little upper pitcher as well, it'll be interesting to see how those look too. Wish I knew what it was :)

That One Guy: Yes, its one I got from there.

Went to the shade house today and it smelled like something had died in there. After about 15 minutes I finally figured out what was causing the smell.

Anyone had these in their pitchers before?

oh yeah, I get the maggots every time something big like a lizard dies in a pitcher. The smell goes away after a few days or so.

Ambanja: I went to look inside the rotting pitcher and it looks like there was a massive cockroach in there. Smells better today, but still stinky! I'm surprised a roach would smell so bad, but maybe there's a lizard in there also that I just can't see! That would make more sense to me.

First pitcher in my care and I'm completely in love with this one! :eek: Thank you dueoka!

This one looks promising for such a little guy...

I've finally got a pitcher from this raff, also a first pitcher in my care :)

Interesting wings on this guy and the close up of the coloring is awesome. I think I'm going to nickname this unknown one, Pele.

Upper from the same plant

Great! I think I've just been out of it, but your photo skills have greatly improved. I envy that :)

Quick question for you guys, what host do you use for your pictures? I'm using photo bucket right now, but my pictures seem very flat and nothing like what it looks like on my computer once I've uploaded them. Obviously they're also smaller which seems to make them grainier as well.

Any suggestions on a better host?

Great! I think I've just been out of it, but your photo skills have greatly improved. I envy that :)

Thanks Api :D I've been working on it. Plants aren't usually my main subject for pictures but slowly and surely I'm getting to where I want to be with them. We'll see if I ever get to a point where I think they're awesome lol ;)

I use Flickr, seems to work better than PB.

Your raff has much more white than the one I have from the same source. It looks great, gotta love seedgrown plants!

Back