What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divaskid's Plants

N. talangensis x veitchii gave me a surprise today. The peristome developed stripes! :) I'm surprised since the last pitcher even though it darkened didn't have stripes and remained the cream color.

130CA19C-64EB-49FD-A471-EADEF0F6EF21-250-0000000DDB564BD7_zpse4677d4e.jpg

Left: pitcher after just opening. Right: After coloring up.

Looks very nice, glad it's doing well for you!

Thanks dueoka!

So this last Monday was my first vacation/day off for the year so far, so on a spur of the moment, guess where I went?!? :-D
I bought a few plants AND managed to stay within my budget (didn't think that was going to happen lol).

So without further delay, here are my newest members of the family......

I saw this one from the distance amongst all the others, such a beauty!

Got a few babies, pinks always win me over so I could resist but getting two.

And last but for sure not least, the one I've been trying to get my hands on...... :boogie:

I keep staring at them! Is that normal?!?! hahaha

Also a few updates....

Finally got my first pitcher from the second female N. maxima. She's finally starting to perk up a bit :)

Hey another Big Islander! That is unless you island hopped here... You picked out some wonderful plants, I need to make another journey to mecca, um... I mean Sam's ;-)

Hey another Big Islander! That is unless you island hopped here... You picked out some wonderful plants, I need to make another journey to mecca, um... I mean Sam's ;-)

Well, lets say Future Big Islander, since I'm more of an island hopper right now ;) I'm actually on Oahu but I have some property up on the Big Island. I was up there clearing some land for the day and decided to go visit.

Wow was I overwhelmed! It was actually my first time visiting despite being there so often. Its a good thing I had my friend there, he talked the whole time while I tried to act normal hahaha

The last three plants of my spending spree came in this week :D

Update on the others....

Spider House

Had to do a full shot, the pitchers are huge compared to the plant.

Pink :)

First pitcher on this guy. The leaves on this one are pure red

Gettting bigger!

Truncata is showing some signs of coloring.

Looks like I'm getting a flower off of this guy soon :)

Gah! Photobucket sure does mess with the colors and quality of the images :(

nice update,love the look of st hedwig

yeah, thats a really nice colorful St. Hedwig! I got mine a year ago when I really had no idea what I was looking for, still love it but its all green.

Thanks guys :) I'm loving the St Hedwig as well!

yeah, thats a really nice colorful St. Hedwig! I got mine a year ago when I really had no idea what I was looking for, still love it but its all green.

I had the same luck with the N. Regan I got. So far it's completely green with no stripes or spots or anything. It's still fairly small though, so we shall see. Although I'm not holding my breath on it though since I did see another one there that was the same size but with a nice striped peristome already. But that's the fun of getting a seed grown hybrid, you never know what you'll get ;) Who knows, it might grow up to be a very striking green beauty some day!

I'm super sad. I was really looking forward to this N. ventricosa x ephippiata cutting. It was doing so awesome and now it looks like it'll in a downward spiral and probably not going to make it :( any suggestions on how to save it? It was very perky (newest leaf straight up and solid) and now it's sagging and withered.
27D1A464-810F-4A84-8413-3561A898A9CF-9316-00000D9ACAE1005A_zpsfc5a01cc.jpg

In better news, check out the N. sibuyanensis x Lady Pauline. It's almost doubled in size since I got it. Seems to be pretty happy :)
0309C6AE-250D-434D-940B-4C79138E9967-9316-00000D9AD14CE91F_zpsf49e6589.jpg

Last edited:
Nice update. Sorry about the vent x epp.

gorgeous Whisper. By far one of my all time favorite hybrids.. mine just hit a growth spurt!

what conditions do you have the cutting in now? bagged? what media?
I think cuttings do best when the media isn't super saturated (or packed too tight) and there is lots of drainage. The leaves however need as high of humidity as you can give them, some place a clear bag over the plants, but I just mist multiple times per day, and drench the soil w good quality water once a week. Also make sure the cutting isn't in full shade, they still need some sun, just less than normal. SuperThrive also helps in my opinion for rooting cuttings.

Very nice plants! Do you still have your kampotiana x (khasiana x alata) and if so where did you get that one? I'd love to compare mine with yours. I saw you had one on cpphotofinder :)

Very nice plants. I wish I had the drive to keep growing nepenthes. Theyre so beautiful.

gorgeous Whisper. By far one of my all time favorite hybrids.. mine just hit a growth spurt!

I agree! I debated and debated spending the money to get one, looking online every day drooling over it. And the day I decided to get it, it was taken off the website lol I was so bummed! I missed it by one day!

But in the end it all worked out and I appreciate having it even more now :) Such a Beauty!

Did you post any pics of your growth spurt yet?

Last edited:
what conditions do you have the cutting in now? bagged? what media?
I think cuttings do best when the media isn't super saturated (or packed too tight) and there is lots of drainage. The leaves however need as high of humidity as you can give them, some place a clear bag over the plants, but I just mist multiple times per day, and drench the soil w good quality water once a week. Also make sure the cutting isn't in full shade, they still need some sun, just less than normal. SuperThrive also helps in my opinion for rooting cuttings.

I took it out of high humidity about two weeks ago and placed it in an area with dappled sunlight for it to get acclimated. It never seemed to miss a beat in its new area and looked really good until yesterday.

It's potted in slightly moist sphagnum but maybe it's packed too tight? I usually don't have issues with the cuttings in this though. I was thinking about putting it back into more humid conditions but I'm afraid it'll turn black and die from too much moisture.

Very nice plants! Do you still have your kampotiana x (khasiana x alata) and if so where did you get that one? I'd love to compare mine with yours. I saw you had one on cpphotofinder :)

Yup! I sill have it. It's putting out some bigger pitchers now (although its still a small guy IMO). I got mine from a friend here in Hawaii. If I remember correctly though (I can look at my notes when I get home) he tells me that the kampotiana used in the mix might be suspect, so yours might look different than mine. Ill try to take some pictures tomorrow of it for you so we can compare :)

Back