What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divaskid's Plants

Ambanja: I went to look inside the rotting pitcher and it looks like there was a massive cockroach in there. Smells better today, but still stinky! I'm surprised a roach would smell so bad, but maybe there's a lizard in there also that I just can't see! That would make more sense to me.

First pitcher in my care and I'm completely in love with this one! :eek: Thank you dueoka!

It looks great! Should be a very nice plant. As for the roaches, the worst for me was when a pitcher filled up past the water line with them. One day I went out and the smell just hit me. The inside was so putrid that the pitcher had started rotting from the bottom up. Needles to say I cut it before it fell apart and spilled its contents everywhere.

I should probably cut this one off too. The pitcher is pretty close to rotting completely away. I'm curious what the maggots will turn into though so I haven't decided if to cut it or not.

We shall see....

Your raff has much more white than the one I have from the same source. It looks great, gotta love seedgrown plants!

Yes, I agree! In fact I actually chose it because of that. There seemed to be a lot of differences that were pretty neat. Some had speckled leaves and some were completely dark. I wish I could've bought the really dark one too, but alas there is always bills to pay instead ;)

Noticing on my unknown Nepenthes that it has an oversized lid on almost all of the pitchers. Perhaps some rajah in the mix? ;)

C04784BD-15EB-4775-9434-B421828E4928-5276-000008509C97557F_zpsc4789001.jpg

It's giving itself a hug with its upper tendril lol

Here's a few pics of all the pitchers on my unknown Nepenthes.

8E95D395-D099-4A30-9F34-D21AB785179D-5672-00000930838F23E0_zps75d695a9.jpg

Top left: upper pitcher. Bottom left & top right: lower pitcher. Bottom right: intermediate pitcher

N. ventricosa is finally getting to a decent size and isn't a baby anymore :)
DSC_5291.jpg

DSC_5315.jpg

DSC_5317.jpg

Eager to see this one grow up. This is the first pitcher in my care, such a cute tubby!
DSC_5318.jpg

DSC_5321.jpg

N. maxima upper pitcher
DSC_5328.jpg

The spurs on this ampullaria are awesome! Reminds me of a dragon....
DSC_5334.jpg

My newest purchase :-D It got a little beat up in travel, but looks like a new pitcher is well on its way and will make an excellent addition to the family.
DSC_5335.jpg

The resident gecko. I caught him earlier hanging out on a pitcher licking the ants off the peristome.
DSC_5338.jpg

Everything looks great! I love the gecko. I had a couple of these behind the garage for a while, but haven't seen them in a while.....

looking great,love the gecko too

For some reason, the gecko is really catching my eye. Maybe it's because I'm a reptile nut too, or maybe he just looks like he has cute bug eyes in that photo.... I don't know....

Seems like the Spath x rob will become a star is the collection. Great plants and shots!

Thanks everyone! The addiction is apparently in full swing, just bought some more nepenthes today :blush:

I think the gecko is pretty cute too! I should probably give him/her a name. Any suggestions?

Seems like the Spath x rob will become a star is the collection. Great plants and shots!
I think so too, I can't wait for it to get its first pitcher in my care! Usually in my conditions they seem to have more color too so I'll be interested to see how it will look :)

Nothing much new going on but I took a few more pictures this afternoon....

This little guy is starting to grow out of the seedling stage :-D

Not sure whats up with this last pitcher, its very warped and weird looking. Maybe it doesn't like the summer weather as much? Hopefully the next one will go back to normal.

Coloring up nicely....

And last but not least :)

Everything is looking great Michelle!!

Thanks for sharing!

Guess what I've been making this weekend!

435498F6-1FFD-4469-9D89-9649C2745A10-3172-000005A3CC4DF5EB_zpsec7c1a83.jpg

Soon to be highland terrarium. I wasn't ever going to make one, but I guess you should never say never ;)

I'm so excited! I hope it works...

Nice. Could I ask what are the dimensions?

N. talangensis x veitchii gave me a surprise today. The peristome developed stripes! :) I'm surprised since the last pitcher even though it darkened didn't have stripes and remained the cream color.

130CA19C-64EB-49FD-A471-EADEF0F6EF21-250-0000000DDB564BD7_zpse4677d4e.jpg

Left: pitcher after just opening. Right: After coloring up.

Whoa, that's awesome! Haven't seen stripes like that, they're usually much more pronounced. Nevertheless, I'm still a fan of it. :D

Whoa, that's awesome! Haven't seen stripes like that, they're usually much more pronounced. Nevertheless, I'm still a fan of it. :D

I know, love this hybrid! :love:

Maybe its slowly growing into its stripes and the next pitcher it'll be more pronounced?
We shall see. It also might just not have darken completely yet too. I'll post another picture if it changes any.

Back