What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divaskid's Plants

I was wondering the same thing. It's a bit odd because this pitcher has been brown for a while but the centipede doesn't look like its been in there for too long. So it must've crawled in there recently.

Glad it's dead whatever the reason though lol

Edit: never mind, I just went back outside and it's alive

Last edited:
Man that centipede had gorgeous colors!

I was wondering the same thing. It's a bit odd because this pitcher has been brown for a while but the centipede doesn't look like its been in there for too long. So it must've crawled in there recently.

Glad it's dead whatever the reason though lol

Edit: never mind, I just went back outside and it's alive

Haha, I thought it looked very "fresh". Good thing it didn't bite you when you first opened the pitcher!

I know, I think centipedes are quite pretty. The baby ones have even prettier colors.

Dueoka, it was still alive but barely. My guess is it actually curled up in there to die :/

Not much to share this week, but I was pretty happy to finally see a real pitcher on my N. kuchingensis x Viking baby. Its been struggling since I got it, but looks like its finally going to be happy. Even getting a little color on the peristome as well :)

Some good news after a few losses this week. My veitchii cutting finally put out a pitcher for me! Yay!

Also my mirabilis put out a good new colorful pitcher. I'm happy to see its well on its way to recovering.

A couple new additions :blush:

Does a reinwardtiana have eyespots when its a baby? There's a couple pitchers on this one, but no eyespots ???

St. Hedwig, first pitcher in my care. This one looks like a freckled step child compared to the pitchers it came with lol I should give it more sun!

This guy is trucking along. Love the changing peristome it gets with each new pitcher.

Truncata seems to be doubling in size with each new pitcher.

And last but not least, my favorite mutt!

the golden dragon looks great,love how pale the veitchii pitcher is,and the st hedwig just gets better:-D

Thanks corky! :)
Im quite fond of the pale veitchii color as well. From what I can tell (looking at pics of the mother plant I think the cutting is from), the veitchii will remain this color even when mature.

I love the golden dragon. What extravagant pitchers!

I love the golden dragon. What extravagant pitchers!

I have to agree! I'm so glad I went against my "don't purchase unknown Nepenthes" rule.
I haven't gotten pictures of it yet, but the peristome is lime green with red stripes when it first opens up. It then goes to the yellow color and when it's much older it goes to red. I'll have to do a set of three pics someday to show off its range of colors.

I really wish I knew what hybrid it is though!

Super excited! My ampullaria is starting to put out basals :D

And since I was in the shade house here are a few new pitchers....

Just got this new one, I love how hairy it is!

Nice looking plants :)
By the way, since you asked about reinwardtiana producing eye spots: They can often take a while to produce eye spots, and don't start making mature formed pitchers for quite a while. The green form reinwardtiana I'm sending you tomorrow doesn't have eye spots yet either, but I think it will start showing the eye spots pretty soon for you (in the next few months hopefully).
Best of luck!
Richard

Nice looking plants :)
By the way, since you asked about reinwardtiana producing eye spots: They can often take a while to produce eye spots, and don't start making mature formed pitchers for quite a while. The green form reinwardtiana I'm sending you tomorrow doesn't have eye spots yet either, but I think it will start showing the eye spots pretty soon for you (in the next few months hopefully).
Best of luck!
Richard

Thanks for that bit of info! I searched high and low but only once did I see someone say that the less mature plant/pitchers don't necessarily get the eye spots. I was a bit worried at first about the one I purchased, but all other characteristics seem to fit. Glad I got another voice on this though.

Can't wait for your plant to get here :)
Thanks again

Last edited:
I do like that red albomarginata.

Thanks bluemax! I'm quite fond of it myself. I think it'll be quite nice looking when it reaches maturity!

My bical caught a bee today :) Click on the image to watch the video

Last edited:

Trying my hand at a few highlanders. So far my tank seems to be working. The only one that seems to suffer is the spectabilis. ???

Everything is looking great esp the ramispina! Do you think you could explain your highland setup?

great pics as usual, i too have failed with spectabilis,shame its a great plant

Thanks guys! :)

Everything is looking great esp the ramispina! Do you think you could explain your highland setup?

Of course! Although I must warn that what I have setup currently isn't the greatest and does have flaws. I'm currently trying to make a better version, this one is just a temp one so the plants I do have don't die :)

Here's a picture of it
0EAEDB9D-A3B7-46D1-B79B-537F1E779C9E-7510-000007E326AB8D73_zpsce0fc650.jpg

What I did was take a fish tank and surrounded it on all sides (including the bottom) with the foam board that has the metallic reflectant skin. I bought a board of this foam at Lowes since homedepot didn't have.

I have two peltier (sp?) cooling systems on the top of the tank. Currently these only drop my tank down 8 degrees from the outside temps. So I need to add another one since I can only manage 68 degrees as the lowest temp at night so far.

Inside the tank I filled the bottom with water to add humidity and to try and maintain temps which helped by about two degrees. Above that is just pieces of plastic for the plants to sit on so they're not in water.

Lighting, is just three daylight bulbs. I use those as suplamental light since the tank is outside and gets indirect light all day.

It's a pretty basic setup and seems to work so far. Let me know if you have any questions :)

Last edited:
Back