What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divaskid's Plants

The N. reinwardtiana popped out another pitcher! Its growing like mad.

The biggest pitcher yet from my rafflesiana. I can't believe how big its getting :)

Close up of the peristome

The newest pitcher on the N. albomarginata has an impressive thick white margin. This plant impresses me with each new pitcher!

I finally have the first pitcher grown in my care from this Poi Dog

And last but not least, a colorful new pitcher on the spectabilis x ventricosa

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures!

love the golden dragon is there any idea as to the parentage of that one?

Thanks guys!

Nope, no idea what parentage it has. I can give guesses (Song of Melancholy?), but one can never be sure I guess. I'd be curious to know what others might think it is. I wouldn't be surprised if others have this particular one.
It was one of those that lost their tag at the breeders. I don't typically buy nepenthes that I don't know what they are, but I couldn't help myself with this one. I went out today and I can see its also going to flower soon too. Can't wait to see if its a boy or girl. :)

A couple more pics from today...

Last edited:
really nice shots,and plants of course:)

Alright, these are the last for this weekend…..

St. Pacificus is getting some uppers. I'm Hoping it'll flower, but I think it might not since it put out basals instead.

My maxima decided to put out a wavy leaf all of a sudden.

And the truncata looked so dramatic in the sunlight this morning, I had to add this one too even though it hasn't opened yet.

richjam1986, the green reinwardtiana is putting out a huge new pitcher. It doesn't show it justice in the pic, but its a beauty and almost twice the size as the last pitcher. Can't wait to see it open to see if its big enough for eye spots.

Wow! Great to see that it's doing well for you :) You have near optimal conditions for it, I think. Did you repot it into a larger pot, or is it still in that tiny white pot?

Nice!! The reinwardtiana at the top of the page definitely has eye spots already though ^^^^ They're small, but definitely defined! I love that species! Good growing!

Wow! Great to see that it's doing well for you :) You have near optimal conditions for it, I think. Did you repot it into a larger pot, or is it still in that tiny white pot?

I think you're right, it must have its ideal conditions. This is probably the most a Nepenthes has done for me in such a short time. :)
As far as the pot, yup, as soon as I get any new plants I repot. I have sprinklers in the shade house so they need a very airy mixture since they get so wet. I'm sure this also help with its growth spurt too. I took a few pics with my phone to show the whole plant.

This pic shows how red the leaves have gotten since I put it in a brighter section of the shade house.

Onto another plant, the poi dog I call The Golden Dragon just cracked open it's leaf to expose its flowers. Looks like its a boy! Was hoping for a girl but still happy :) If anyone's interested in pollen, let me know.

Nice!! The reinwardtiana at the top of the page definitely has eye spots already though ^^^^ They're small, but definitely defined! I love that species! Good growing!

Yes! Happy to see those spots. I have three of the reinwardtiana species since I like them so much :) I'm just waiting on my red reinwardtiana seedling to get bigger.

Thanks for the compliments!

Your photos suddenly got a lot better!

Your photos suddenly got a lot better!

I recently bought some black cloth to use as a background which helps out a lot. It also helps that my plants aren't so tiny anymore and I can use my regular lens versus the extension tube which always gave me such dark pictures and blurriness issues.

And there's always the age old "practice makes perfect" hahaha well, still not perfect but practicing for sure ;)

Thanks for the compliment! I enjoy me plants but I equally enjoy photography as well so it's nice to hear I'm at least improving.

My bicalcarata made a pitcher! :) I didn't even see it until I picked up the pot and turned it around.

Spectabilis x aristolochioides developed a very gooey peristome in the last few days. Maybe due to drop in temps?

Another upper on the St. Pacificus

spectabilis x ventricosa

Looks like my 'Golden Dragon' Poi Dog is going to open two inflorescence. Can you see the second curled up in the next leaf?

Colors were amazing on this one from the back due to lighting.

Impressive last shot! I may need to look into getting one of those....

I do have to say this pierensis form of maxima is striking compared to the regular maxima. I wasn't sure the difference when I bought it (bought it only for the fact it was female) but it is quite nice. It's very bold with it's contrasting colors!

Great update! I have a very similar maxima, quite possibly the same one (female, from Big Island). It's an awesome plant!

Great update! I have a very similar maxima, quite possibly the same one (female, from Big Island). It's an awesome plant!

I think we do have the same one ;) This one was a cutting

Not much to show this week, most of the pitchers haven't opened yet, but heres a few pics of some that were.

My alata speckled finally put out its first lower. Now I know why its called speckled :)

Pink! :)

I finally have a little bit to show of my intermediates/highlander babies now that they have pitchers somewhat worth sharing. :)

I finally put the naga seedlings in the highland tank and I can already see a huge difference in pitcher and leaf size :)

A couple of pics of insects hanging around the shade house

And a few other random pics

nice update,really like the blue fly pic

Back