What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP questions

I'm settling in where I live, finally after far too many moves.
My Ventricosa, Venetrata, and something or other(not ultra common, but I can't recall the specie) are growing like weeds without effort. If I mist them daily, they seem to pitcher well.
I just use tap water since it's 80-100 PPM or so.
I've rooted a few cuttings to give away to others, and for backups if I do something incredibly inept.
I have Binata and Indicia growing/flowering without effort, I have a dozen orchids that are doing well as well. That addiction is back again and CPs are usually affordable.
So my questions. With constant sun, nightly mists/dew, 120 inches of rain a year(at night usually), 75F average(70F to 85F) daily temps with a 68F (65F to 73F) drop at night can I grow.

I'd like to try D. Peltata, Heliamporphora, and a few other random things.
Also I've heard sarracenia will go dormant due to the shift in photoperiod between winter and summer. Is this true, I'm assuming if that's the case I should try southern varieties?

Back