What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks guys!

D. graomogolensis is from BCP. Same location as yours if I am correct that you got yours from Devon. I believe the root source for his was BCP, but I'm not 100% on that.

I'm going to fix up my lighting situation this weekend. Hopefully that will make everything look better.

Yup mine is from Devon, and looks very much like graomo. I suspect yours just needs more light like you say.

I'm back again! Found a couple more things worth taking pictures of...

D. ultramafica x spatulata is flowering...

DSC_0028_zpsd74a8e14.jpg

U. blanchetii "WF, chapada diamantia" IIRC:

DSC_0029_zpsa0b3234c.jpg

D. capillaris "Long arm, Belem"

DSC_0030_zps79255772.jpg

D. venusta lookin decent...

DSC_0031_zpsb7c3e98f.jpg

D. spatulata "Gold coast, Queensland"

DSC_0032_zps22e3d4d5.jpg

D. ultramafica x spatulata plantlet...

DSC_0033_zps97e9b608.jpg

D. rorimae from leaf cuttings actually look half decent. Nothing like on the Tepuis. But restarting from leaves certainly made better looking plants:

DSC_0034_zps2eadd706.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nice. Thats all I have to say. Very very nice.

Wonderful plants. First two pics are the same, though.

wait.. what? True ascendens is not in cultivation yet? So what are my 5 variations/locales of ascendens?

@Biozest, thanks!

@Sundrew, thanks, and fixed... The flower isn't much to see anyways... :p

@mass: Basically, Fernando was going through the old herbariums of D. ascendens and he realized that it was different from what they had been IDing as ascendens, it had hairy flower scapes and some other key differences. The "ascendens" in cultivation will be given a new name soon, but for now, villosa var. latifolia or D. ascendens will work (probably sticking with ascendens until the publication is done, I'll post info here when it is done). Anyways, the true ascendens is not yet in cultivation because it was just rediscovered. It may be with some European growers, but certainly not in North America.

Fear not! Your plants are still rare! They just aren't D. ascendens.

Taxonomic jibber jabber indeed, but I've seen pics of the plants at ICPS and they are rather different.

lol. not worried about rarity. SA drosera are my passion is all.
And I obsess over knowing exactly what it is I grow.
Thanks for the heads up.

Excellent collection Gabriel,

The heli seedling looks great, appears to be robust...
Nice dew collection too mate, me jelly

:)

@Av, thanks sir! I'm still shocked that the Heli seedling germinated, let alone lived. :p

Meh, I knew you would do well.... :)

You are all knowing and omnipotent after all! :hail:

P. 'Crystal' flower:

DSC_0001-7.jpg

"The only capensis variety that does not form stems" is the only capensis in my collection that has a stem:

DSC_0002-6.jpg

D. "whatever"

DSC_0003-7.jpg

D. capensis "alba" x aliciae:

DSC_0004-7.jpg

Took all the plants that were in bags, and put them in one big tupperware:

DSC_0005-9.jpg

D. regia seedlings are really red:

DSC_0006-6.jpg

D. hamiltonii:

DSC_0007-7.jpg

Cephalotus clumps are getting bigger:

DSC_0008-6.jpg

N. truncata "Paisan highlands"

DSC_0009-7.jpg

N. 'Lady Pauline'

DSC_0010-6.jpg

N. veitchii x talangensis:

DSC_0011-7.jpg

The first N. sanguinea pitcher I've gotten in months:

DSC_0012-7.jpg

U. humboldtii:

DSC_0013-3.jpg

My one and only Sphagnum culture:

DSC_0014-4.jpg

D. schizandra:

DSC_0015.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Everything is looking great Peatmoss! Your truncata Pasian Highlands has great color already, mine still stays mostly green :(

very nice Peat! looking good!

Thanks Jon and Andrew!

@Drew: I've seen a lot of variation among the Paisan truncatas, do you know if they are seedgrown?

The capensis X aliciae hybrid is very pretty; a nice blending of the two growth habits. Very nice, Gabriel!

Thanks Jon and Andrew!

@Drew: I've seen a lot of variation among the Paisan truncatas, do you know if they are seedgrown?

I bought the small one from HB listed as BE-3203 (I assume yours is the same due to size). Matching this with BE's availability list they are an assortment from 43 clones which would explain the differences. Hopefully mine starts coloring up!

Ps. Check out my latest post in pitcher of the month Jan.

good looking plants, homie!

So far the only capes I've found that don't stem easily are red and alba.
Everything else looks like a palm tree around here.

@Paul: Thanks! It's the onky Drosera hybrid I grow on purpose, and it is quite a nice one.

@Drew: That explains the differences between the plants in cultivation. I'll PM you on OCPS about the singaporegardentek!

@Pebes: Thanks homeslizzle!

@Mass: Those two don't form stems at the moment. The red form has never really grown well at all. The one pictured is the "narrow leaf" form which does not make stems according to the savage garden. But whatever, it's a nice plant.

Back