What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Mark!! I find most of them fairly easy to grow and flower. Good luck with yours!

I decided to break out the Sigma 105mm a couple days ago along with a homemade macro flash. All taken handheld. I think they turned out fairly well for some quick shots.

IMG_5736_zpsf8c76fb9.jpg

IMG_5738_zps8deccc74.jpg

IMG_5748_zps294a45de.jpg

D. ascendens
IMG_5739_zps58070165.jpg

Ping flower
IMG_5743_zpsb0878f15.jpg

Ping flower 2
IMG_5745_zpsdbe8d19b.jpg

P. rotundifolia
IMG_5754_zps93fc6cc9.jpg

D. capensis leaf
IMG_5753_zpsed2e1ecf.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Crystal

Not trying to hijack your thread crissytil but I just wanted to share a pic of the one of the N. x [x splendiana x ((veitchii x maxima) x vetchii)] you sent me. I love this plant!

097b7ba2618aeffa39b329735790c8b7.jpg

Beautiful!! It looks like it's liking its new home :).

My fav :)
IMG_5743_zpsb0878f15.jpg

It also reminds me of the scene from "Alien" :0o:

Mach and Warren has been responsible for lots of Pringles being bought lately lol
Very nice pics Crissy!!... being able to do them hand held makes it more fun too imho

Nice....

You have fantastic looking plants, Crystal :).

very nice Crystal ,your making me crave one of those ascendens . you always have great plants and very nice pics too

'Good-looking cephs, Crystal. Are they typicals? I always love to see D. ascendans as well - one of my current faves.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :)

Av, watch out for those facehuggers, they leave a mark when they decide to depart from their host ;).

The first and third Ceph photos are typicals (different sides of the same plant actually). The second picture is Czech Giant.

D. ascendens is one that generally hates me. I don't know why. They usually struggle along for me. This one was looking particularly nice for whatever reason. I wish I knew what made it so happy.

Great pics Crystal - thanks for sharing!

D. ascendens is one that generally hates me. I don't know why. They usually struggle along for me. This one was looking particularly nice for whatever reason. I wish I knew what made it so happy.
Had to chuckle when I read this - it exactly describes my experience with D. villosa (do you still grow any of them?)

Hey Ron! Thanks :). Unfortunately no, I ended up losing the D. villosa. I tried root cuttings, but none struck. The D. ascendens in the picture is the one you sent me a couple years ago. I have a few others left as well, they just aren't doing as well.

Back