Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insect Collection

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmcnair View Post
    well I need an insect parasite not a vertebrate parasite, but i have a good idea of where to look for my seed feeder
    Oooh, worms! Like tape worms or ring worms, or maybe a leach or something. Can you do aqua insects?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool stuff! I used to do insect spreading, exotic butterflies, mantids, stick & leaf insects, giant beetles, etc. I sold a lot but gave my dad a lot of the stuff I really liked but didn't have room for. When he died I was cleaning out his place and thought "I'm gonna bring all my old insects home" but there was nothing left in the frames except a few antennae and wing pieces, something got into the riker mounts and ate the dried exoskeletons and stuff. I found little pupae husks in the cotton where the insects used to be!

A leech is a parasite, if you could get one at the bait shop and preserve it in mineral spirits or alcohol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what about a parasitic wasp,don't they lay eggs in insects,you maybe use an adult wasp as the larvae would be hard to find and preserve,just a thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've got one Braconid wasp, which is parasitic but vespid wasps typically are not parasitic and those are the only other kind of wasps I have. And it is too cold here now to collect anymore insects unfortunately.
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12